1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenneth Faried Prepared to Move on from Denver

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rox11, Oct 1, 2017.

1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He could defend. I remember one game they played the Clippers and Blake was acting scared of the guy. It was awesome. Faried's ferocity was intimidating to some opposing players.

#21 A_3PO, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    don grahamleone likes this.
  2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Faried is obsolete.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

from the day he signed a big contract.

Wait, what - - a member of USA BB? Hmm...

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Say what you will about Faried, but the dude is effective on the court with limited traditional skills.

12, 8.5, 1, 1, and 1 on .547 FG%

I personally believe he's an underrated player. His defense isn't overrated either. I think people are spot on about that. He could start in Houston.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Starting Faried next to Capela would kill the Rockets offense. He's a complete non-fit for what the Rockets do. His best role here would be as a 3rd string energy guy similar to Montrezl Harrell.

6. don grahamleone

He would change the offense without a doubt, but I think you're underestimating his effect on the game. He's like a super version of Montrezl. His rebounding rate is extremely high, his motor is extremely high and his hard work makes like easier for his teammates.

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I've literally never heard that and I am pretty tuned in to nuggets basketball

Faried is not a starter on any kind of good basketball team. He is a terrific rebounder and finisher and not much else. His style is largely irrelevant today (especially since he can't defend). He is a better rebounding Montrezl Harrel, with a 10x bigger contract. The Nuggets have showed plenty of faith in him, rewarded him with a big contract, and he hit a wall. He has never fit into Malone's system and has been losing his spot in the rotation for a while now. The Nuggets are a good young team, he should accept his role as an energy guy off the bench and can feed off of Jokic's passing abilities.

Vivi likes this.
  8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Me’s thinks he thinks once he accepts a bench role...
    1. Everyone will think he fell off (not likely to start again)
    2. His second contact will shrink

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You can't play him next to an unskilled C.
    Jokic is exactly the kind of C Faried could play next to.

Capella? No way.

rhino17 likes this.
  10. don grahamleone

I'm just going to chalk this up to you not having my imagination and vice versa. Agree to disagree. Unwinnable argument.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't believe Faried is as good as you think and spacing is more important to the Rockets offense than you realize.

Even at his peak, he was very overrated IMO. I consider Brendan Malone a good coach and if Faried can't crack his lineup, that tells me something.

12. don grahamleone

Gotcha, but did you read my truce offering?

Firebomb525 likes this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Faried is a center on most NBA teams, and without a doubt he would be here in Houston's system.

Faried is Harrell (high energy, good finisher at the rim) + elite rebounding, considering Harrell was a good fit, It's safe to consider Faried would be a even better fit as a backup C.

Harrell's had two huge issues - considerably too small for a center which limited his defense to average / below average despite his athleticism, Faried has that same exact problem, Harrell's other problem was being a very poor defensive rebounder, Faried obviously doesn't share that issue as he's an elite rebounder on both ends of the court.

I'd like Faried here as a backup C, but on his contract, with us having Nene/Black, I'm not sure I see the opportunity here.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Sure enough. Agree to disagree.

don grahamleone likes this.
  15. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

Faried sucks, and his attitude is worse. Dude will never play for a winner if he doesn't accept a bench role

16. hakeemthagreat

Faried would be the absolute BEST option as a small ball center for us. Not sure if we could pry him away from Denver, but would love him on the Rockets

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

What an ego, he's not that great and the times where he intimidated everyone with his ferocity, energy and intensity are probably over. Sad