1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ken Griffey Jr. Watch

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Major, May 26, 2002.

1. Major

Major Member

OK, I didn't know what forum worked best for this, but since it's related to the Reds who are competing with the 'Stros, I figured I'd put it here.

Reds are now 3-5 with KGJ in the lineup. They are 26-16 without him. This weekend, he started two games. They went 1-2, winning the one he didn't start.

A recent poll in Cinci asked which of Cinci's 4 great outfielders should sit ... 77% picked KGJ.

Fun stuff. :)

2. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

Yea i am not sure why Griffey hurts us, for some reason we do better without him, must be some kind of curse! lol, i mean he doesnt hurt us to have him, just must be bad luck. Oh Well. :D

3. Major

Major Member

Also, KGJ plays for Seattle in '99. They suck. He leaves in '00, they improve dramatically (they further improve when they lose A-Rod).

Cinci is the up-and-coming team in '99. Add Griffey in '00 and they suck. :)

Keep playing Griffey!

4. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

This is just all that mojo from screwing the Mariners coming back to bite him in the ass.

5. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Griffey also played for the Mariners in 1995, they made the ALCS. He was also on the team when they made a run to the division title. I think all this "The Reds have a better record without Griffey" is stupid. The Reds got better pitching, and the Mariners added about 30 million dollars to their payroll after he left. That's why both teams are winning. I think the Reds lost their entire pitching staff in '99 right before Junior came. And didn't the Reds play Atlanta this weekend? Atlanta is on fire, and I think they're in first place.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

My Fantasy team is 7-7 w/o him in the line up. 2-0 With him in it.