1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kemp to Blazers, Grant to Heat, Cavs get hosed!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RocketMan Tex, Aug 10, 2000.

1. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

...again. Who is running Clevland's front office and why aren't they sharing the dope they are taking?

My take:

Kemp to Portland hurts them. God only knows what kind of spoiled child shenanigans will be going on with Shawn Kemp and Snotty Quitten in the same locker room.

Grant to Miami makes them solid as a rock. They have to be considered favorites to win the East after this one & the Eddie Jones deal. Listen to what Pat Riley said after the Jones deal earlier this summer:

"If what we do now doesn't work in the next year or two or three, then I'm gone. That's the way it goes. You keep building until you can't build anymore. We've won all these (consolation prizes). That's not enough. I'm not interested in being the fifth- or sixth-best team."

Translation: If these deals don't bring the Heat at least a Finals berth, then Pat Riley will be exposed to the world as the less-than-stellar coach that he really is!!! I'm loving it!!

Comments, please.

------------------
    Bring It!!

2. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Kemp becoming rededicated in the Pacific Northwest is absolutely terrifying.

I agree with you on Riley 100%. All he's done with Miami the last few years is get beat by the Knicks(except 1997, when Starks and Co. missed game 7...).

------------------
    WE WILL WATCH THEM FALL... Next year :(

3. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Cleveland didn't get hosed.....they are getting Gatling (just two years ago he averaged 20 ppg for Dallas and was an all-star) who may be just as productive as the overweight, overpaid Kemp.

They also got rid of Kemp's fat contract.

I say Cleveland makes out ok on this.

------------------
    HOOP-T
    ------------------

4. JCBlazersGirl33

I wouldn't mind the current Blazer vets getting on Kemp's case actually......Scottie and Sheed are already working out with him and trying to get him conditioned, so that's sort of softened my stance on him. Perhaps all that flab was due to his discontent in Cleveland- no shot at a title, mediocre supporting cast, etc. He is better than BG talent-wise and Trader Bob wasn't going to let Brian walk w/o something in return. Oh well, in Bob we trust.