1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Keith Olbermann returns to ESPN

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Carl Herrera, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Been catching his show. Very enjoyable (whatever you think of his politics). Can't wait until there's NBA for him to discuss.

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

He's been returned.

3. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

I've always loved K.O. The first 20 or so minutes of the show are great when he's ranting about specific topics. But the rest of the show after that is kind of blah.

4. TheresTheDagger

I will never watch this show.

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Good, and will probably allow him to get a radio show and reach his peak earnings; but still a reminder of all his failures up to this point (could have totally transitioned to a big three network by now).

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Cool. Thanks for not bothering us with reasons why.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I will always watch this show.

8. So Good

So Good Member

I think his biggest problem is that he rubs his boss' the wrong way...reason why he can't really stick at one place for a while. Don't get me wrong, he is great at what he does but I don't imagine him being at ESPN (again) for a long time.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He's already been on fox national as well as nbc. Didn't care to stick around at those jobs.

I hope he spends some time doing this. It's a better "rant" type show than ATH and PTI, and it really combines the best of his abilities. Plus, it's fun to hear highlights the way they used to be in ESPN's golden age.

10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

It's a pretty good show. The format is exactly like his old show on MSNBC, but it works really well with sports.

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Olbermann is the classic example of a guy who's politics blind people to how good he is at what he does.

If he keeps this show politically neutral, and sticks to sports and pop culture this could become one of my favorite shows. So far so good from what I've seen.

12. VBG

VBG Member

I've been following his show mostly. My favorite two pieces -

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SgrlqL2vmGA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/d6OklMbxkw8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. what

what Member

k.o. needs to just go. i can't separate him from the politics.

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

He was lost and now is found. The prodigal son has returned.

15. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

those two clips were pretty cool

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Really? Why? It's not that hard.

Hell, Rush was on NFL countdown for just a few weeks at one point, and he's even more polarizing.

Difference is, Keith is a sportscaster at heart.

17. what

what Member

did you see the concussion clip, the dude spent 10 minutes banging on a journalist who had the audacity to write an opinion that KO found repulsive. Same ol' Keith Oberman.

dude hasn't been cool in like 15 years.

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Oh great :rolleyes:

Just what ESPN needs, an egotistical, self absorbed journalist that thinks his opinion is the only one that makes since and thinks everyone everyone else should realize just how lucky they are to feed on the intellectual tid bits that he is generous enough to leave behind.

Sports is a better place with out Olbermann polluting it with his dribble. Howard Cosell would have destroyed him with his intellect and vocabulary.

19. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I absolutely hated this show. Watched the episode with JJ Watt on it, cause JJ Watt was on it and was highly unimpressed by the show in general. It just all seemed awkward and forced and he wasn't really connecting with the audience, I felt.

Below is the interview part itself, it just seems like he knows almost nothing about defense/defensive players in the NFL, I could ask more engaging and interesting questions. Favorite quote, "How does jumping and being a Youtube star help you on the day to day?"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8UpGAIsxw-c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

only a matter of time before KO implodes, the guy has serious interpersonal relationship issues everywhere he has worked, and whatever ratings he manages will not justify the headache

he does have some good segments but comes off as self important, as if the things he is saying are far more profound than they really are

I enjoyed the Watt interview.

#20 Commodore, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013