1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Keeping Up With the Rockets' "Draft Rights Held" Players

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BimaThug, Feb 26, 2015.

1. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets">@HoustonRockets</a> want Marko Todorovic
    <a href="http://t.co/pi9oLmRN9c">http://t.co/pi9oLmRN9c</a> <a href="http://t.co/RWpqaJ8SP5">pic.twitter.com/RWpqaJ8SP5</a></p>&mdash; Eurohoops.net (@Eurohoopsnet) <a href="https://twitter.com/Eurohoopsnet/status/596392661684068352">May 7, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

DMo's replacement

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

We have his rights attaining it from Portland...Morey apparently has decided that DMo most likely will be gone in some way or fashion...TJones might as well, but looking like Morey's next European Project.

5. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Coming off of back surgery, it's unlikely DMo is traded. They won't get the needed value for him.

6. da_juice

da_juice Member

Would be surprised if Jones isn't traded. I wouldn't be surprised if they bring over Todorovic with the intent of eventually having a frontcourt rotation of Howard (at reduced minutes)-Capela-Motiejuanas-and Todorovic. Then again, they might also bring over Todorovic with the intent of putting him in the D-League for a year and shipping him out.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Todorovic is an earthbound version of D-mo or a taller version of Scola without the motor.

8. basketballholic

Jon Diebler is one of the top .1% of shooters on the planet. If Steve Novak, Daniel Gibson, and Anthony Morrow can eke out NBA careers then it's a matter of Diebler getting his opportunity.

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

From March

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/j14gRmW29OY?showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. delishman

delishman Member

Any Euroball fans with a write up on this guy? I thought he was a fringe prospect.

I predict both DMo and TBird will be gone in moves to acquire better players. Their pending paydays will be flipped for more manageable existing contracts to possibly improve us in the short term and keep options open for a Lamarcus like player.

11. Bo6

Bo6 Member

I have a hard time believing that DMO is gone after we spent so much time developing him. That is unless you believe he is due for a big pay day next year.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He was on block for goran earlier this season

13. basketballholic

Nope.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Pretty sure that was confirmed by either cyberx or codman and it also matched what Doc Rocket was implying.Not at the deadline, but before that...Suns wanted to wait for TJ to come back first because he was in the block too..But then Houston found out Goran was just trolling them, so they moved in a different direction.

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think it depends on how you define "on the block".

To me, being available in a trade for a better player doesn't mean you're on the block.

To me, on the block means the team is actively attempting to find a trading partner for a certain player. I don't think that was the case at all with the Dragic thing.

D-Mo transitioned into an excellent player this season and there is reason to believe he can improve - he can certainly get stronger in the lower body, become more confident/automatic in the post and refine his 3pt shot. Lord knows there's plenty of room for him to improve his rebounding, but I personally am at peace with that never happening. He's a decent defender too and can play the C position. We know historically he's a hard worker in the summer, practice and games.

What I'm trying to say is I'd be amazed if the team put him on the block given he might easily be worth $10m a season based on his recent improvement and the cap jump in 2016.

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

Todorovic is coming off contract. This is how Euros negotiate for a new, better contract, ie float the idea a NBA team is chasing after them.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

People asking for a player doesn't mean that they are "on the block", being on the block means that you are being offered in trade. The Suns wanted DMo, we wanted to give them Jones instead and they said no. I'm sure there are teams out there that would want to trade for Harden, it wouldn't mean that he was "on the block"

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

On the contrary. I wouldn't be surprised if a deal had already been struck. Hence the fishy "working hard to get back on the court" one day and "surgery: out for the playoffs" the next.

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We are definitely trading Dmo or Tjones before the end of next season. We can't really afford to keep both of them while still going after a point guard.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think we trade DMo, he's too rare a talent but the issue is that will Jones even have trade value? I could see him hanging around and walking in FA simply because no one offers anything for him.