1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KD 2017 best destination is...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RockWest, Jan 11, 2017.

1. bongman

bongman Member

Additionally, KD will fetch somewhere around $40M/year. We might be able to get 3 very good role players for that price and distribute the injury risk amongst those 3 people as oppose to 1.

2. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

None of those role players command double team. With Harden AND KD, everyone will have wide open shots. KD is not complaining about his 17 shots a night this season. He is creating 26 points at 1.52 points per shot. Ariza is creating 12 points on 10 shots. Do you realize how massive that upgrade is? Our offense will be even more deadly than right now. His Defense is good too.

Anyways I had no idea so many people do not want KD now. I only care if he can make this team better. KD+RW took OKC to wcf last year. Harden + KD will only be better.

3. RockWest

KD is getting 26-ish M this year.

What is your goal? If you want to beat Lebron and his all star teammates, you will need another super star to share the load. When opponents shut down Harden in past few post seasons, the Rockets were done.

4. bongman

bongman Member

Apples to oranges. Curry is not Harden where he has the ball most of the time. KD having X production on team A does not necessarily translate to him doing the same in team B. Yeah, they went to the finals but what was Harden's role then, he has their Eric Gordon. Would KD want to come off the bench? More doesn't necessarily mean better.

I wont pretend to know what the results will be having KD on this team but one thing we can all agree on, we are just one or 2 very good role players away from being a dominant team for a long time.

5. bongman

bongman Member

Milsap is asking $35, what do think KD's asking price will be? There is no secret on how Harden plays so all teams should be ready for it. Have they slowed him down? Why bring up the past when we have different system. KD will not only have a heavy price tag but will also cost us dismantling this team.

DonKnock likes this.
  6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I wonder if KD sees the Rockets success and regrets his decision to not even entertain them. He would have gotten zero flack for joining the Rockets and he likely would have been on the best team in league like he is now.

rocketsfan611 and vator like this.
  7. RockWest

Key word: Post season. When you play against a top team in a 7-game series, do you think they will have the same defense as a regular season game? Curry was unstoppable in last 2 years during regular season, how did he do when they got deep in post season? And it's not like Harden played really well in his own post season games either.

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Would be epic to have a Durant Harden Gordon Ariza and Anderson lineup.

So much offense.

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I want no part of Durant. Use whatever capspace we have this summer to add another big man and a guard who can get to the rim and knock down open 3s. Morey and Les need to go after depth and not get caught up in starchasing like in 2014.

rocketsfan611 likes this.
  10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He could get away with going to Washington.

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

12. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

To be fair, we likely wouldn't have one of them if KD joined, probably Anderson. Also, Harden wouldn't have gotten his extension/raise.

13. bongman

bongman Member

How many post seasons have we played with this system, with this coach and with this crew? Comparing what happened in the past is again, apples to oranges. To answer you question, NOBODY KNOWS what will happen in the post season given this team. If we don't win the championship this year, its not the end of the world. Why can't we just wait and see what happens in the post season so we can tweak the team accordingly. There are some very nice FA's next summer.

14. RockWest

Best players on below average teams are all getting Max contracts. The fact Horford and Conley makes as much as KD and Harden shows how super stars are worth every penny they make. Some players get a little bit more for All Star appearances etc.

15. MystikArkitect

He just made a 73 win team worse. KD is about to become the new Dwight. Loved where he was at, pouty me first star who only wants to win if he's the catalyst.

Chemistry matters. Get Gordon Hayward, another sniper and be done with it.

rocketsfan611 likes this.
  16. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

It was a question... However, signing Curry to a max offer this off season will put GS in a bind because KD has a player option which he will excersise because of the fact that bird rights only apply to players that have been with their team for at least 3 years which makes this whole thing interesting. You sign Curry to a max and KD chooses to opt out than your left with no money to sign him. KD opts in and Curry gets his max you can't sign him next season. So with that said GS will eventually have to choose between Curry, KD, or Klay.

17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. The people who are saying they don't want Durant are out of their mind, and know this, no front office in the league would side with you.

We would dump anyone besides Harden to get Durant, as we should, and yeah I still think Durant should have entertained the idea of coming to Houston a little more, but I'm over it now and he is going to be a Warrior for the foreseeable future.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

KD opts out, signs another 1-1 deal with gs while curry waits. Once Durant deal done, curry signs his extension. Next offseason gs would be able to do the same. Even without cap space to max Durant out, they can sign Him to new contract that includes a 20% raise over current deal. He can do that for theee years on 1+1 deals until he can max out if they have to

19. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I could see him going to Boston

20. bongman

bongman Member

They are worth every penny when you talk about market value but when it comes to production, I don't agree. Was Dwight worth every penny to us last year in terms of production? Is Dmo only worth what the Pelicans signed him for? There are plenty of instances in the league where contract does not match the production. It still does not remove the idea that 40 will be KD's asking price. Harden's contract will also be modified next year to give him more money.

Is KD going to make this team better? Possibly !! Is that guaranteed or not? At what cost? The current team has the 3rd best record in the league - higher than the star laced Cavs who plays in the EAST. I know that does not mean much but at a minimum, that is an indication that we are playing at a high level at the moment. If we trade/sign for a superstar will require that we lose some very good contributors - characters that make the whole chemistry work.

I love this team and I am perfectly fine with rolling with this crew for the playoffs.