1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KD: “Now the real me, in OKC phony,”

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JW86, Aug 3, 2018.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/w...u-see-now-real-me-guy-oklahoma-city-was-phony

I really don’t want to add more fuel to the fire, but this info about his personal life is new to me and while it’s none of our business and opinion doesn’t really matter, I really feel this guy is lost.

The twitter personality, fake account, arguing, the insecurity, the sudden sense of entitlement and consequent behaviour towards referees, getting technicals, cussing etc. He is in conflict obviously and you can be totally different on the court and off, but to claim how he was back then phony I find hard to believe.

He just needs to accept he’s changed and does not need to put on an act on the court to make up for pretending to be a “good christian” all those years. It doesn’t take a psychologist or therapist to see he’s compensating for what he feels is true: that he was phony in OKC.

I feel bad for him and think he’s a good person, but he needs to accept himself and not take on this role of the villain after so much criticism and backlash for his move to GS.

I am glad his fiancé didn’t go down with him in this emotional roller coaster ride KD seems to be on. I almost get a Dwight flashback with how he was such an engaged christian early on and lost that due to ego, insecurity and what comes with fame and TV personalities.

Just my two cents.

roslolian likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Snake got more reptilian.

He is right except he is a phony now.

And he just admitted he did not give his 100% every game, playoff game with OKC.

'I was a phony back then, I was what they wanted me to be, they wanted me to take less shots than Russ......'

saleem and roslolian like this.
  3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Is this news?

It's obvious now that the guy that didn't constantly act like a whiny b**ch was fake. It's amazing that he seems to think that version was somehow worse than the soft, insecure punk we all see before us.

The problem was that Westbrook has an alpha personality, and Durant was never gonna be able to make that work. Given his far superior offensive abilities, that pecking order should have never been in question. But instead of fighting for it...he just left, and went to a place that would demand the least of him.

Hell even the Warriors are using him. They are the champions that get all the glory. He's just their safety net, and getting none of said glory. He's never gonna be truly happy there, I not sure he will ever be truly happy as a player again. They laughed at you for taking the easy path, win a title. They still laugh at you, win another title, yet they still laugh at you, and it isn't going away.

#3 sealclubber1016, Aug 3, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  4. underrated015

underrated015 Member

KD just needs to be quiet and play basketball. He ruined the NBA by creating a juggernaut in GS. He just has to deal with it. Got the rings but it’s not the same like winning with his former team.

5. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

KD gives too much **** about what people say about of him, he chose what he believed was best for him and should just stick to his decision, there is no need to explain to anyone. Even if he want people to shut up about his decision, the only way to shut people up is through action.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

KD acting like he "found himself" NOW and that in OKC he was a "phony.".....

Sadly, it is more likely he is "still the phony" and still hasn't found himself. Rebelling against what you were....does not mean you found yourself. It just means you are being opposite.

If he had "peace" with himself.....he wouldn't keep brining all of this stuff up.

He is "still" searching.

JW86, GotGame15 and Louka like this.
  7. theimpossibles1

Anything that ends in "just my two cents" is usually garbage.

just my two cents

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

KD is probably the most talented and skilled buffoon there is.

9. Sajan

Sajan Member

Can someone just give KD a hug? Does he have a gf? Sheesh

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Kevin Durant just won't let go of OKC, Move on and Grow up. 6'10 dude 29 year old can't mentally Grow up like his Dad Draymond Green. I think he is the most awkward, tall, insecure player ever.

11. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Damn, KD. You truly did idolize T-Mac, including the ability to give cringe quotes in nearly every interview

12. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

My "two cents" are hot gold always...

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

this dude is lame and a weirdo

Can he just stfu?

14. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Ok, so the real KD is a money grabbing, back stabbing, trash talking, egotistic b****. Not sure I would brag about that....

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

KD going full Jon Jones.

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

KD admits he quit OKC because he couldn't beat GSW. That is his choice. How can he become real, after quitting on the team that drafted him? Did Hakeem quit on the Rockets after losing Ralph and so many other great players? Of course not.

That is why Hakeem is a real superstar, and KD isn't one. KD's behavior is an insult to the fans of Oklahoma,who backed him up 200%. GSW's fans would have quit on KD, if he didn't have Curry with him. Klay, Draymond, and KD wouldn't have been able to get the job done.

17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Anyone that thinks opinions are garbage usually has the dumbest ones.

18. Emtenndo

Emtenndo Member

"A denial." ~ Kurt Cobain

19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Kd making money, winning endorsements, MVPs...

What more does this guy want to be happy? Earning your keep and the respect of others? Not in GS.

20. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I think what he's actually doing, so he's learning he's not going to be making people happy, is running about telling people how much he doesn't care about what they think. Which is almost always a sign of just exactly how much they do care about it. If one really didn't care, one wouldn't bother telling people about it.

Blurr#7 likes this.