1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

kawhi leonard is getting overrated wtf

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HardenMvp, May 4, 2017.

1. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

you don't understand Harden's ability to create one on one is way better than curry. he would dominate Curry. imagine harden having the ability to take it in and kick it out to another Harden. And then he takes it in and kicks it to the corner to another Harden. You can't stop that. He has the best play making out of all of them and that's why he is second. actually it's a close call for first because he can shoot better than anyone not named Curry and durant. he can shoot over curry and he's just simply stronger than him and you have to respect his shot and driving ability. You don't understand what it's like to guard someone bigger and stronger than you who is fast like James Harden. Curry would cry.

2. CallMeTheDream

Actually not even gonna lie to you. I'm not real familiar with Towns game outside of his games against the rockets. He's great and all but I thought a lot of people over hyped him too quickly. I heard him being called the best PF over Davis this past year.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yes and no. Yes, a lot of people here think there's some kind of magical power with the so-called Spurs system.

The fact is, there is no such thing as Spurs system, the way you can say "JVG system" "Phil Jackson system" "Adelman system" "D'Antoni system". The Spurs system is "whatever works." When Duncan can abuse any post defense, the system is give it to Duncan. When Parker can go to the rim at will, the system is clear out the lane for Tony. When there are multiple good passer in all positions, the system is motion share the ball. When Leonard is unstoppable in ISO, the system is let Kawhi do his things.

And when nobody can hit a shot, the system is "WTF". :D

4. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

kawhi is getting overhyped, theyve been overhyping him for years as the guy who they want to take the throne from lebron, he is finally playing decently. But they have ignored Harden 's entire career, Harden just had a season where he scored or assisted the most points in nba history and not a peep from bspn.

its all propaganga. The series is gonna be rigged, the league is using kawhi to try and make a name off of harden just like they did with curry in 2015. I laugh when skip bayless said kawhi had no help lol. Rachel nichols said patrick beverley and trevor ariza are all-stars, their is not a single player outside of montrezl, capela and sweet lou with a per above 15 on this TEAM besides harden.

Its funny in 2015 when Harden really didnt have any help, they still gave the mvp to curry who had a stacked team.. so which is it... the more popular player winning these awards and its voted by the media. Man we need something like what the nfl does a top 100 voted on by the PLAYERS

slothy420 likes this.
  5. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

i agree with the artest/ shawn marion comparison

6. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Harden 2017> Curry 2016

7. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

IMHO the Spurs system hinders rather than helps Leonard. Pop insists on unselfish, team-oriented bball. That helps the team win but hinders his individual stats.

Imagine if Leonard played in the OKC/Westbrook "system" and was given free reign to play as selfishly as possible.

8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I do understand all that. Both Harden and Curry would get open shots off each other, and since Curry is a much better shooter, he'd win.

9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Leonard is about to get destroyed tonight i could see it in Harden's eyes after game 2.

10. Mr. Space City

he's one of the most efficient offensive players in the league while being THE best perimeter defender in the league. and actually really good on defense not overrated good like klay thompson.

if he could just get his assist up to 5+ a game he'd be right up there with lebron. but he's def top 5.

#90 Mr. Space City, May 5, 2017
    Last edited: May 5, 2017
  11. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I thought you were just one of those posters who got upset in the game threads when the Rockets were losing. but nah you really do hate James Harden

12. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You're basing this off the undeniable fact that Curry is a better shooter than Harden? I don't hate Harden at all. I'm simply aware of his weaknesses.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's not overrated at all, he is incredible on both sides of the court.

I can't get over Morey drafting Marcus Morris over him.

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  14. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

you just said every single one of those players could beat him and he is in the closest MVP race ever

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Whether or not they would beat him has absolutely nothing to do with the MVP race.

You asked if 5 Hardens would be able to beat 5 Lebrons, 5 Durants, 5 Leonards, 5 Davis's, 5 Giannis's, or 5 Curry's. Just b/c the answer is "no" doesn't mean Harden didn't have an MVP caliber season this year.

16. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

against lebron, davis, giannis, westbrook all you have to do is pack the paint on the drive and give up the slightly contested/rushed three sometimes.

those players would be better one on one but 5 of them means they have to play off ball and space the floor which the are weaker at then the rest bc they cant shoot.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

ESPN is marketing their product (Rockets vs Spurs) with manufactured debates. Nothing more. NEXT.

18. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

How could you say Kawhi is overrated lol. he's a ******* 2-way monster.

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I think the Harden team could beat the Westbrook team.

But for the rest of them, Harden's team wouldn't stand a chance. Lebron/Giannis wouldn't need to space the floor. Instead, they'd all pack the paint and use their size/length to get all the offensive rebounds. That's how they'd win....offensive rebounds and put-backs.

20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Contenders? Not sure, very very young team. But Embiid and Kawhi would be absurdly good. Aldridge SHOULD be that deadly combo, but he has been playing like ass since moving to SA.