1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

kawhi leonard is getting overrated wtf

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HardenMvp, May 4, 2017.

1. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

what star have we paired up harden with.. plz dont scream DWERT lol

Harden played along just fine with westbrook and durant, they were a serial lottery team before he was drafted

2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

It doesn't matter who we've paired Harden with. When he doesn't have the ball, he doesn't do much, and that says a lot about him as a player.

Do you really think other stars want to play in a system where they're expected to cover for Harden defensively and defer to him offensively?

OKC drafted Harden in 2010. Westbrook was a rookie in 2009. Kevin Durant was a rookie in 2008.

Serial lottery team? LOL.

3. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Top 4:
    LeBron
    Durant
    Curry
    Kawhi
    *huge gap*
    Harden
    Westbrook
    *everyone else*

4. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

The worst thing I have heard yet was last night with Reggie and the other guy comparing him to MJ

toooooooo far

francis 4 prez and juanm34 like this.
  5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

It's laughable

juanm34 and adw like this.
  6. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

LOL have you ever seen Kawhi Leonard play before? Never evaluate a player again.

7. CallMeTheDream

Only players I'm taking over Kawhi is Harden, Bron, Drurant, and... that's it. Curry is a one way player, Draymond isn't dominant enough offensively to be a #1 option, Westbrook plays for stats not wins, and Giannis has no shot. Only reason AD doesn't make the cut is because of play making and ball handling on the perimeter. When it comes to that his game is much more limited.

8. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

What about Karl Anthony Towns?

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

QUESTION: Can he do it OUTSIDE of the Spur's system/coach?

Not too much of a knock but does his game translate

Switch him and (Harden, Lebron ,Westbrook, Giannis, AD or Paul George) --- Does those teams do better? Do the spurs do worse?

Rocket River

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't think people remember how good Artest was

Rocket River

11. CallMeTheDream

Towns is a good player but for the same reasons as Davis I'd still take Leonard.

12. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

He's arguably the 2nd best player in basketball. However, the gap between LeBron and whoever you think is 2nd best is huge. He's clearly not on LeBron's level. LeBron would still be expected to win a title with the Spurs roster, even without Parker.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He's not better than LeBron. But if you would take Westbrook, Giannis, and Green over Leonard, you are grossly UNDERrating him.

14. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Of course. Here are his highlights from game 2. Note how much of his production comes from isolation plays. Some of you guys are really overrating the Spurs' system.

15. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

top 5 players in the nba (assuming they are healthy)

1- lebron
    2- harden
    3-durant
    4- kawhi
    5- westbrook

6- giannis (I would pick him first to build my team around. Right now he still needs to get a little bit bigger and develop a better three)
    7-davis
    8-curry

my final decision came down to 5 man teams of the same player, for ex. would 5 LeBron's beat five James Harden's

ultimately, James Harden has the best size and he can do it all, but I still give the slight edge to LeBron this year. Five LeBron's could easily switch on anyone and that removes hardens pick and roll game and it would ultimately come down to the post up game where Harden is less effective than LeBron. The fact is harden can do it all. he can shoot, handle the ball, create his own shot, catch and shoot open threes, rebound, assist, steal...but LeBron is still the jack of all trades two way player in the game. he just has too much size speed and strength

16. wekko368

wekko368 Member

5 Hardens would lose against 5 of any of those guys except for Westbrook.

Lebrons, Durants, Leonards, Davis', and Giannis's would simply dominate the rebounds and score on most possessions. 5 Currys would exploit Harden's poor off-ball defense.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

the current top 5 players in the NBA are

1. Lebron
    2. KD
    3. Kawhi
    4. Harden
    5. Westbrook

in that order

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden is a 1-way player as well, can't use that as a knock against Curry but disregard it for Harden

y'all need to be objective

19. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

In terms of pure, innate talent...I would probably rank Kawhi somewhere between 15th and 25th. But due to his outstanding work ethic (even in the offseason), attention to detail, discipline, the guidance of Popovich and other Spurs staff, etc...he's improved enough to easily be a top 5 player in the NBA today. And I think he's still several years away from reaching his peak. I would take Leonard over anyone except LeBron and Durant. The way he creates some of his shots tells me that he would probably perform just fine in almost any team's system. Kawhi may have been a "system player" during his rookie and sophomore years, but not anymore.

20. CallMeTheDream

Actually not even gonna lie to you. I'm not real familiar with Towns game outside of his games against the rockets. He's great and all but I thought
    Harden is an dynamic all around player. Harden is better at every category than Curry(and Kawhi). Harden is a better scorer(not shooter), he's one of top two facilitators in basketball, and is an elite rebounder. All while making his teammates better and winning games. He's also a very solid post and on ball defender when he's not gassed from carrying the load of the team. His overall game is so much more complete than Currys it's unfair to call him a one way player when all Curry can do at an elite level is shoot and cross people over.