1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

kawhi leonard is getting overrated wtf

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HardenMvp, May 4, 2017.

1. thedude077

thedude077 Member

You may be right, but I think Paul George is a good player.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Kawhi Leonard is definitely a top 5 player in my book. He is also the 2nd best overall player in the league IMO after Lebron - offense and defense.

But but that Mook Morris had all star potential but Kawhi showing he has MVP potential. Derpyl triple cheese burger Maury SMH

malakas and jae713 like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

he's definitely a good player, and I'm praying that we can add him to this roster to play with Harden, but he's no Kawhi

4. jae713

jae713 Member

IMO top 5 for sure, but is not the creator that Lebron or even Harden are. Not that it can't change. He is still pretty young and there is a good chance he hasn't peaked yet. Scary.

malakas likes this.
  5. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

?

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lol the jokers in this thread. He's top 4 unless you're an idiot.

7. StevieCrossover

I would take Morris over him.

slothy420 likes this.
  8. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Put Kawhi on the Rockets see what happens... they would have lost to OKC.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I'd take:

Harden
    Durant
    Lebron
    Curry
    AD

over him.

He's definitely a superstar right now (he's had a better season than everyone I mentioned except Harden, LBJ is debatable), I just don't know if he'd be that good outside of the Spurs system. It's a risk I don't have take with any of the aforementioned.

10. 84DaysWithout

84DaysWithout Member

His defense gets overrated at times, but he's certainly worthy of top 5 praise and has an argument over just about everyone cept LeBron

11. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Kawhi isn't a shut down all 5 position player if he's spending all his energy being the GO-TO guy. Artest never had to do that except maybe in Sacramento for one year. That's why I compare them both but now Kawhi is getting MVP recognition since he's the main superstar/offense on a 60+ win team.

People forget when Westbrook came up he was an very good defender because he was athletic, quick and got a lot of steals. Kawhi only had to defend his first few years since he was the 4th - 5th option and this gave him a rep as one of the "best". Now he's no where near what was or capable of since he's trying to be the #1 option for SA.

IMO - Cooper was a better all around defender than Kawhi.

12. wekko368

wekko368 Member

This has turned into a convenient excuse for anyone who wants to diminish Leonard. What has the Spurs system done for Aldridge? Gasol? Anyone besides Leonard?

At this point, I'd only take Curry, Durant, and Lebron over Leonard.

13. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

overrated? lol

14. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Not hard to imagine he gets compared with LeBron, considering he was no.4 in MVP voting just behind Lebron (no. 3).

15. rocketseagles07

Bro I love clutchfans but it's getting hard to deal with the bias and lack of objectivity. Like come on, go hard for your team and rep our guys.. but call our guys out if need be and don't s*** on great players in the process

16. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

It's a point I can argue because i'm referencing fact, Leonard has never played for another team (in The NBA), that is fact. It's a legitimate argument. It's stop being a legitimate argument the day Leonard puts on a different jersey & maintains his level.

Arguing that Gasol & Aldridge haven't benefited is moot because there will always be exceptions (Gasol hasn't been effective for a while & Aldridge's diminished role has for the most part, affected him negatively), deep down, you know there's many more players that the Spurs system has benefited, than that it hasn't.

Harden has proven he can function in MULTIPLE systems effectively, as a premier 2, as the point & in a more minimal role on the bench.

I respect your opinion & I understand your logic. However my opinion is that what Harden (as well as other players) has shown & done, overrides what Kawhi has shown and done.

17. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

I'd still take Harden over Leonard. Harden can carry a team with mediocre coaching to the playoffs, Kawhi has had duncan, and a great supporting cast and pop

like for real how many people thought dantoni was a bad hire at the beginning of the season. I knew it would work because harden is such a great player that can adapt, unlike carmelo, and others the media for years tried to compare him to. Hardens first year as a pg he leads the nba in assists.. THATS TALENT

Im thinking now Hardens body is starting to break down though because he's been driven into the ground leading the league in minutes played the past 4 years by medicore coaches like mcfail and bickerstaff.....

And we have yet to see to Curry on a team by himself, im intrested in seeing if Curry does leave the warriors in the offseason, how his game progresses. Can he carry a team without draymon, iggy, durant, barnes, bogut, klay, just some of the forner names and all-stars that curry has played with and harden has not.

Me personally i dont believe curry can carry a team like the sixers

#57 RocketsTruth, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
    Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  18. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Harden can thrive in any system, put him on the sixers with embiid and they are at the 3rd seed in the east

Daddy Long Legs and Rocket River like this.
  19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

In other words, it's a legitimate argument when it suits you, but when it doesn't, it's an exception?

The reality is that, like every other offense in the league, the Spurs offense revolves around it's best player. Given that over the years, the Spurs' stars have been a PF, PG, SG, and now SF, this is the most logical conclusion.

In his career, Kawhi has played more roles than Harden. Don't forget that he started out as a glue guy defender. He then evolved into a competent offensive player while maintaining his defensive production. And now he's the focal point of one of the best teams in the league.

20. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I'd rather have Leonard. It's easier to build a team around Leonard, and his game is more conducive to playing with other stars.

Haven't we all complained that Harden doesn't do anything when he doesn't have the ball? Do you think that's lost on other elite players in the league?

You'll never see Curry on a team by himself. B/c he's such an efficient off-ball player, stars will line-up to play with him. That's why I'd rather have him than Harden.