1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kawhi is 100x better than harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htowngenius, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This is hilarious. Green? Ibaka? 34 year old Gasol? Get a grip. Lowry was also known as a playoff choker for years.

mastan and tc0330 like this.
  2. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i do agree those guys arent the best but theyre definitely better than the average. plus they have vet experience and theyre all tall/lanky AF minus green and lowry's froto a$$.

this why i think just giving harden a bunch of forwards is the key lmao

Clutch City1993 likes this.
  3. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

That team would perform worse than the current Rockets roster did. East or west.

4. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

Leonard isn't nearly the ball-handler or passer that Harden is. He's also not as good at getting a three-pointer off and in against any defense--his three-point shooting is only of the wide-open variety. There's no argument for Leonard being anywhere near as good an all-around offensive player, let alone "more."

So you're agreeing that Leonard is not the offensive force that Harden is, but makes a better second banana.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Disagree. That team has way more defensive versatility, shooting and rebounding, specifically from the bigs like Siakam and Gasol. I don't think they'd be much better, but I'd take that lineup over ours for sure, especially with how bad Chris Paul was this year.

#585 J Sizzle, Jun 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    vlaurelio likes this.
  6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

And Leonard is better at pursuing offensive boards, moving without the ball, filling the lane in transition, posting up, and pulling up for jumpers from anywhere inside 22 feet.

Harden is really, really good at what he does. If you’re willing to hand over your entire offense to him and turn everyone else into satellites orbiting around him, then you will have great success against most opponents. That’s pretty special, and it’s why I say he’s more impactful most of the time. That’s different from saying he is better “all-around”. Maybe you mean he’s better overall, which I won’t argue against.

7. mastan

mastan Member

Agree..this old version of Mark Gasol has no athleticism, cannot catch a pass properly most of the time, Ibaka is passed his prime though still have some athleticism.

8. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I like PJ Tucker and it could have worked if the team collectively put in the effort to hustle by mainly boxing out and cutting to open spots such as the mid-range to score. Rockets don't have those athetic forward types that can slash for 2 points or putbacks... It is a glaring weakness. This spot up 3 model isn't going to work and looks repetitively stupid when it is failing and their is not an attempt at nothing else. The bounce passes in the paint resulting in turnovers......

ak99999 likes this.
  9. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Making the trade for Gasol would have changed the dynamics which would have allowed Tucker to concentrate more on guarding the perimeter with energy on reserve since he doesn't have to fight for the rebound as much. The other midget pitbulls on the team are also better off doing their thing in a collective effort. A sick Capella and old Nene weren't enough to make things happen. Capella just couldn't overcome and play well enough.

#589 Sanctity, Jun 12, 2019
    ak99999 likes this.
  10. Mr. Clutch

Yes they are good role players, especially lowry.

tc0330 likes this.
  11. Mr. Clutch

Exactly, harden is the more talented offensive player. He can handle, drive and pass better than Kawhi. Which is why it's frustrating to watch harden play the way he does (walking, over dribbling, not moving off ball, shooting too many iso 3s).

Kawhi isn't gonna make the same highlight passes but he makes quick decisions and moves off ball. He doesn't slow or stagnate things

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Gasol helped win Gm 1, can he be even better? For sure and much better in his younger days...... it is what it is.

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

If you traded harden for kawhi for the season, the rockets wouldnt even have made the playoffs

While the raptors will still be in the finals up 3-2 against gsw

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol im saying trade harden for kawhi dor the whole season.

Rockets wouldnt even make the playoffs

While raptors with harden leading them in the least will still be in the finals up 3-2 against gsw

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

what a bs statement to make.

only on cf's where people think harden is the only star player in the league. apparently hes the only player in the world that can play well for a team to make the playoffs. just horrible logic

its funny how the old logic people wanted to hang onto was its the spurs system that makes kawhi look good. now that hes out of that story, and still remains a true elite player, you get people trying to make some other bs narrative. hes a legit mvp caliber player and saying the rockets wouldn't make the playoffs with him is just utter ignorance. those homer glasses need prescription updates

#595 YOLO, Jun 12, 2019
  16. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Are you serious? I guess Harden has convinced myopic viewers that this team can do nothing without him. I don't blame you because every play by design goes through Harden or else he becomes redundant just standing at the top of the key. As a result, sometimes the team is lost when Harden chokes.

However, swap Harden for Kawhi in the scenario. A team of CP3 EGo, Kawhi Tuckr and Capela would still be a top 4 seed out West. In fact that team is more versatile on offense and defense. Cp3 can play like usual Cp3 setting up others and being a point gawd since Kawhi doesn't need the ball on every possession. Kawhi can take over when needed. They can run a system that is not all ISO and kick out. And defensively, so much better since Kawhi vs Harden on defense is no comparison.

SkareKrow, Mr. Clutch and cheke64 like this.
  17. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

Not even close to true. These Raptors would not work well at all with Harden pounding the ball into oblivion as they stood around the three point line.

Mr. Clutch, cheke64 and BeardNation13 like this.
  18. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

Not only is his narrative blind homerism, its just ludicrous. Ask yourself this. Do you think for one second the Raptors GM would trade KL (assuming years of control) for Harden.

Nope.

I'd venture most teams would prefer Kawhi of James.

James is talented. But I am over his laziness. He doesnt make up for a bad turnover by getting back on D. He never runs the wing if a teammate gets a steal and initiates a fast break. He doesnt rotate and challenge in the lane. I can go on and on.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  19. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

This team and this board would have killed to have Marc Gasol or Lowry for the rest of this past season.

20. Hmc415

Hmc415 Member

And yet both have played better against gsw than Clint has

mastan likes this.