1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Katie Nolan goes IN on Greg Hardy

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by joeson332, Oct 8, 2015.

1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

http://deadspin.com/katie-nolan-cal...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Not Texans related but wanted it here so more people could view this. I think by now most of yall have seen that Greg Hardy interview and how he hopes to come out "guns blazing" #FACEPALM and hoping to see Bradys wife in the game. I think its important that more people on the media start calling out the NFL and its bs "morals" All month long you're going to see that whole pink ribbon thing and the NFL is going to pretend to care about it and yet stuff like this is flying under the radar.

2. conquistador#11

i like her passion.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Listening to 105.3 this morning in Dallas and the radio hosts were defending Hardy and Mike Fisher who is the reporter that actually asks those questions to Hardy. They said Katie Nolan is hypocritical and she's only on her network because she's attractive

1 person likes this.
  4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I like when NFL players say crazy stuff. I don't see the big deal. We shouldn't expect them to speak like politicians...they're freaking football players who make a living smashing into each other. People are too sensitive. We live in a pussified society where everyone has to make sure we don't say anything that can be remotely seen in a negative light. It's silly.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

used to follow her gig that she had a youtube for Guyism for a while...and yes while she is good looking, she is decent at her job...

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Geez, what's up with her? Is it her time of month? Oh, snap, that was sexist and chauvinistic. Make a YouTube rant about that.

So he used the phrase "guns blazing". Oh, no! A figure of speech!
    [​IMG]

Then he deflects the question about his personal affairs that he doesn't want to discuss? When the media tries their hardest to look for controversy by making their interviewees uncomfortable and melt down? Maybe he feels
    [​IMG]
    about the incident.

And then he makes a comment about Gisele because he finds her attractive. Isn't her line of work based on being attractive and the type of attention that models want?

And a reporter asked him the question about Bortles's girlfriend, yet she scolds Hardy for answering. Maybe she should
    [​IMG]
    the reporter for asking a stupid and irrelevant question.

Look, I get that Hardy is a douche bag who got off way too lightly. He deserves more punishment that the NFL and judicial system didn't hand out. But that's on them. Katie Nolan is on a soap box looking for ways to be offended.

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I'd like to get IN Katie Nolan!!! But she would disapprove that sexist comment wouldn't she. Damn...

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I like when people say crazy stuff, too. As an observer, it makes for entertainment, right?

The point here is this is a guy who is a public figure, who has a history of domestic violence issues, who is showing absolutely no remorse and being as poor a "role model" as possible.

None of this means Greg Hardy should be thrown in jail, and the key thrown away.

But it CERTAINLY doesn't mean that woman, AND MEN, shouldn't be disgusted by his comments and actions, and the Cowboys as an organization are a joke for promoting this kind of character as part of their squad, and the NFL should be within it's rights to just say f'you to this guy and kick him out of the league. I get it, players should have rights, too, but the NFLPA should actually be in favor of getting rid of "bad apples" like Hardy, as in my view it diminishes the benefits that might accrue to the rest of the players in the NFLPA.

9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Piss off.

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

11. PhiSlammaJamma

I really didn't like when Winslow was castrated for saying we are going to War. I mean seriously. Comments should be taken in context. And guns blazing means nothing to me in the context of sport. The guy wasn't convicted technically, the victim backed out, and even if he did buy his way out, he will likely repeat his crime and get caught again. Anything he says could be turned on it's axel right now, so I'm disappointed in the media when they try to dismantle public figures lives over a comment. Even if he did mean it, it doesn't matter, that's his way of venting. I'm not sympathethic to 'em either, he probably got away with it, but right now, he's innocent of any wrongdoing in the eyes of the alleged victim.

12. TheresTheDagger

Today's reason to be offended has been discussed!

Tune in tomorrow when we discuss the next INCREDIBLY OFFENSIVE THING!

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I love this kind of drama on teams I don't like. The more the merrier!

14. TL

TL Contributing Member

Why can't people call out others for saying "crazy" (often interpreted differently as stupid) things? I don't have any expectations that a POS acts like anything other than an idiot and a POS, but I'm totally cool with him getting called out for it.

And even more importantly, the NFL is a large institution. They are too big and too professional to be given a free pass.

And GoT meme dude...she did scold the reported who asked the stupid question. It was all of 2.5 minutes into the video. When you criticize a point of view without listening to it, you expose yourself.

Never heard of her before, but good for her for speaking out. I love that Rachel Nichols does it, too. Good to see she isn't a lone voice.

15. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Everything she said was pretty spot on...

16. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

17. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

He should concentrate on football not Tom Brady's family and not use terms like "gun blazing" when he has a violent weapon history. He wants to shock everyone with his comments and yet be outraged when they take offense.

18. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Not real familiar with the case so correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems saying he has a "violent weapon history" is kind of stretching the facts isn't it ?

I'm not saying the dudes a saint but from what I read is that he pushed a woman onto a couch that had some guns laying on it .. I'm no Barnaby Jones but that hardly would seem to qualify as a violent weapon history . That would be like pushing someone against a parked car and being accused of vehicular assault

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Outrage over this is going to put the NFL and the Cowboys in a tough predicament.

Will the NFL choose to suspend Hardy extra games after reducing his suspension initially? Will the Cowboys still trot him out there knowing that they are going to get lambasted for it?