1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Karl Malone calls Bullard a "punk"?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2000.

1. RocketHead2

RocketHead2 Member

This could go on forever. Where's Dignity Bear when you need him? At least he chooses a side. And he is much more fun to argue with I might add.

2. Azim da Dream

Azim da Dream Member

Jenna,
    I, and probably most of us here respect your allegiance toward Karl -- no matter how much it annoys and mystifies us at the same time. [​IMG] He's obviously had a profound influence on your life, and you know him as a person, while we only know him as a player.

As much as I can hate the Mailman at times, I've learned that instead of getting angry after every cheap elbow, ignorant remark or blatant pick he delivers, just feel sorry for the guy and have some pitty for a man who "has 150 million dollars more than me'. With all his deficiencies aside, he does have some redeeming qualities, that even a Rocket fan can realize (hint, keyword is some). His work ethic is second to none, he is undoubtedly one the fittest athletes in sport, and . . . well um, I forgot the last one. The point is, and I hate to sound like a preacher or an angel or something, everyone has a little good in them. And instead of spending all our energy on our hate towards him, we should feel sympathy for the guy for having not only having some rather naked-looking fingers, but for not having an ounce of the class - at least publicly - that Dream has. Besides, you can use that saved energy on deploring new trade and draft ideas for the Rockets instead [​IMG].

With that said, I just have one question for you Jenna. Well actually, I have two. First, for all the times that Karl has made a fool of himself publicly, can you at least admitt those faults? Or are there reasoning behind them (ie. painful childhood, etc)? I'm not saying those actions warrant him being a bad guy in person, its just something that I simply cannot fathom -- how you can defend his actions? My second question is, with all those games and parties you attend with the players, how the freaking heck do u find the time to do the basic facets of life, ie. school, work, family, friends, sleep, etc?

Thanks for the time, and may Karl realize his mistakes and improve on them. [​IMG]

Azim da Dream

3. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I actually was ROOTING for the Jazz last year, after we flamed out in th eplayoffs. No more. That bully Malone spewed his vulgar crap on Bullard cause Bull actually said what many were thinking. He didn't say it to his face ? So what ? He also didn't insult him with mean spiteful disgusting words spiked with hate that Big PUNK used. Malone sure as hell didn't do it with Dream around. Karl Malone has cratered out in the human being dept. What a loser. I now will never pull for him, no matter who they're playing. Bullard was speaking his mind, that's all. ANd he made valid points about the tough guy tactics Malone uses on the court. Maybe the league needs to step in.

4. finalsY2K

finalsY2K Member

I'm just glad no amount of cheap shot intimidation on both ends of the floor from leavehiMALONE and his understudy, CoasterSag, kept Tim Duncan from having the GAME OF HIS LIFE with a double/double 46 point game to outscore the ENTIRE **** team in the 4th quarter. Did Malone look frustrated? He had reason to. LittleBigMan Duncan already has more championship rings and Finals MVP trophys than him.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

malone is a pain in the ass... th at year in 97 when we got barkley i think we lots a lot for him i think if we just added barkley theni am sure it would have been a different story. cause the old rockets with horry cassell dream and smith could woop the jazz *SS i like barkley and am glad he came but i think in 97 we overlooked our role players and should have kept them....

6. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Please God...
    Let the Worm join the Mavs and when the Mavs play the Spazz allow Dennis to pull an Easy E on Karla (i.e. throw a right cross and knock his old ass out) as he drives the lane.
    Amen.

------------------
    The truth is out there... on the NET.

7. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Oh and one more thing before this thread is eliminated... I agree with Bullard:
    " I've got a fantastic life. I make a lot of money. And I'm so grateful to be able to do this. When you get things like this, fans are going to say, `(Forget) those guys. We're
    not going to watch these guys. They're spoiled brats."
    I'm SO glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

------------------
    There can be only one...

8. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

I have a feeling Jenna will reply to this thread when she finds a post that is interesting, intelligent, objective, and doesn't impugn her personal character.

Some of you guys need to back off a little bit. I think the reason she's not replied yet is because of the unwarranted stridency of these responses.

Also, she might have a life. That can get in the way sometimes.

Attack Malone all you want-- I do (check my most recent KegNotes if you don't believe me). But let's tone down the personal stuff towards Jenna. She's one of the most distinguished members of this BBS and deserves better.

[This message has been edited by BrianKagy (edited January 14, 2000).]

9. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

I doubt that she can be objective either, so this thread will eventually die if being objective is the criteria for continuation.

Mango

10. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Yes, that's why "objective" was only one of four criteria I listed.

Interesting, intelligent, objective, and doesn't impugn her personal character.

Gosh, what reason could I have for establishing those criteria?

If you think Jenna or anyone else is likely to poke their head up to answer that kind of garbage, then your turtleneck sweater's a couple sizes too tight.

You guys keep asking why she's not answering. I'm trying to give you a hint.

11. Mango

After my last post, I thought about the dilemma she faces. If she tries to respond to intelligent/logical posters such as TDS99 (Dreamshake) et al, "the others" pile in to counterattack her on a different level. Since there is no way to keep this forum "open", yet witness her point and counterpoint with only one "chosen" poster (TDS99?), this is best ended here.

Mango

ps I think that TDS99 could fill the bill on all four criteria

[This message has been edited by Mango (edited January 14, 2000).]

12. popeye

popeye Member

I love it BK!

Sometimes when I read posts, I can follow the reasoning behind God allowing that certain wild animals must eat their young to protect the species.

13. Mango

Brian,

You went back and quoted from this thread to make a point and it made me go back to reread this thread.

I found an appropriate quote also.

".............
    This is not a mere question of argument versus argument for her. This is truly how she has experienced Karl. Despite everything that has been said about Karl Malone. Depsite evidence that sometimes puts him categorically in the same "time zone" as someone like Rocker. She has held him in high regard.

She defends him, because she is worthy enough to find things about him that make up for everything we find abhorrent.

We can only wish that each of us has someone of equal character to defend us, not because they agree with our outrageous picadillos and socially unacceptable behaviors, but in spite of it......."

Less than three hours later, she thanked the above person for his support of her in taking an unpopular position. She never countered or disagreed with anything he said.

Cheers
    Mango

[This message has been edited by Mango (edited January 14, 2000).]

14. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

As far as we at the Chucky Brown Fan Club are concerned, ragging Jenna is a major league faux-pas around here. She is the Drexler of us Cluthclones. Lay off, I say.

And as far as Karl goes, yeah, he can piss people off when he talks. But can you think of a particular much-beloved injured Rocket who do the same things: getting accused of playing dirty, being a hypocrite, shooting his mouth, etc? If you ask me, Karl Malone has legitimate game to back it up, as does Barkley. If this was "Jazzcity.com" errr, I mean "Jazzcity.net" we would be having the same conversation about Barkley.

Malone is also very, very giving, anyone should know that. A very feeling, charitable, authentic person in many ways. He is flawed and human - like everyone but Chucky Brown who is flawless - but by no means the devil. I like Barkley better, too, because he is funnier. But between Jordan's corporate s***eating grin and arrogance and Malone's occasionally abrasive commentary, I will take Malone any day.

Besides, Bullard is hogging Chucky Brown's rightful spot on our roster.

I side with Jenna on this one.

CBrownFanClub

ps. If this thread reaches 100 there should be a little bomb icon on the index page. . .

pps. where the hell is cabbage

15. finalsY2K

finalsY2K Member

smooth move, ex-lax. attack Jordan for basically being excellent, rich, famous, popular and grinning all the way to the bank about it.

Jordan was the one getting hammered on the way to a miracle shot AND THE FOUL, not the guy swinging elbows.

By the way, he may have passed Jordan on career points list, but he has very little class (just ask the Jazz fans related to his on-air radio demands to be traded). He certainly will retire for good without any hardware but a bogus MVP award or two in his trophy room. [​IMG]

16. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Hey BK; I know you're just itching to pull the trigger on this thread turned bathroom wall.

Not that it matters, but you got my vote.

17. sirhangover

sirhangover Member

WHERE ARE YOU JENNA?

The whole spazz team play to flop they live for the free throw line..the have a coon ass constantly opening his piehole making dumbass remarks and they have yet to prove anything except they cant win the big games...read bullards remarks he came back with some interesting profound comments and they all make sense..bullard is no less of a person because he isnt 50 greatest...your defending a punk jenna and whether or not he takes you out to dinner or introduces you to some great life that has taught you well or however you put it it still doesnt change the fact that he has no class and is a joke...big muscles, 50 trips to the free throw line..and using the refs as a crutch doesnt gain respect.....

"it doesnt matter whether you win or lose..its how you play the game" as i once heard..Well in Malones case he has yet to WIN the big game and he plays dirty (stockton as well).....friends or not jenna, his demeanor that we know on court and in interviews is a insecure(he is anyone who has to prove their manhood all the time has a complex )....whining b****...thats the truth....at least the national perception and rightly so because that all he has diplayed thus far...this is a rockets forum and I am obviously biased but in his case you cant help but notice the striking trend of fines, elbows, stupidity, and mishaps..I love the simpleton vs. freak argument from earlier as well....he is what he is jenna and you defense the "but he's my friend" argument is as stinky and rank as he is plain and simple your defense of malone sucks....next topic jenna because this one just isnt working for you.....

18. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Pull the plug on this thread? No way dude, I am just getting smurfed up.

If Malone is so classless, how do you explain his unprecendented service work and his relationship - personal relationship - with sick kids, etc? Jordan has his charities, but Malone has those plus service to his community that dwarfs most NBA stars.

And I love "bogus MVP awards." How can you have a bogus MVP award? Do the Rockets have "Bogus NBA Championships?" No. He earned his MVPs the old fashioned way - flopping and elbowing. . . and hitting the occasional turnaround J.

Sure, he has flaws, but he has class, too. Certainly no more flaws than our man Food World aka Charles. Just because he does not gloss his life over with Public Relations BS, it does not mean he has no class. There are lots of dirty players in the league - Karl included - but it does not mean he has no character. He just tells it like he thinks it - sometimes it is conflicted, even contradictory, but what human being is 100% consistent and unemotional at all times? Either dull people, dumb people, or people with public relations firms instead of hearts. Jeez louise, how did I get mixed up defending Karl Malone.

CBrownFanClub

ps And Michael Jordan can kiss my butt, actually, but I'll save it for another thread.

19. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

bk:

Since I am guilty of the aforementioned quote,
    god I hate Karl WillMoan

I must point out that I don't remember ever questioning Jenna's appreciation of Malone.
    As a matter of fact, I didn't address my post at all to Jenna. This post started w/ the words 'my goodness this guy's an Ass' not w/ the words: Why does Jenna like Malone. I could care less in that I am a biased fan of Barkley. I understand what it means to be a zealot. But since our posts must now meet some standard, I will ask whomever applies:

a.) Is there anyone that has watched a Jazz game and not seen Karl Malone move on a pick.

b.) Can anyone question my assertion that the pick in the low post played so often by the Jazz involves either John Stockton or Karl Malone running off a pick, elbowing their opponent in the back/midsection, and running to the top of the key for the 'frozen rope' [​IMG]

for clarity, neither of these questions are concerned w/ premises that involve keywords such as 'my friend', etc. etc.

some people don't understand us zealots.
    all my best jenna. [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Achebe (edited January 15, 2000).]