1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kareem Hunt released by KC; do we pick him up?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Nov 30, 2018.

1. jcf

jcf Member

I hope not. And don't believe we will.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I think he'll play again. I'd be more interested in the story and why things happened. They probably both should have been arrested.

Fulgore likes this.
  3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Big Ben Raped a girl and the guy isn't prison and a celebrated NFL player.

Watch NE sign him win the superbowl and they will try to make some redemption angle.

Patience, Fulgore and red5rocket like this.
  4. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

NE can sign him but he's not playing again this year. I'd suspect the suspension will carry over until next season.

5. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Sorry this is completely off topic but how do I go in dark mode for the Football threads? I’m able to go in dark mode for practically everything else. Thanks in advance.

P.S — To chime in about the Hunt situation.... well it all depends on the situation to me. I hate anyone who hits women for any reason. That character trait is not allowed for me in any given circumstance. But in relation to this being about whether we should pick him up or not or if it’s even possible, I really think it’s about football and if Hunt can prove why he did what he did and if it doesn’t affect the team and the Texans team chemistry and the players are OK with him coming here, then I don’t see why not. But if I had to make a quick managerial decision, I wouldn’t deal with a player like this. I just wouldn’t feel right in the stomach rooting for a player knowing what he did regardless if he was in the wrong or right about the situation, just imagine what he could have done if there were no cameras around; even if he was wrong or right about the situation? I do want to know what happened and what’s the story from both sides tho. Because no matter what you gotta give both sides a chance to see what’s up. But yeah, all in all it’s a tough call but A team will definitely pick him up because this isn’t anything as bad as the Rice situation. Another scenario would be that the league will allow him to come back after suspension whether that’s next year or the year after after therapy but no team will pick him up.

6. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Wait...what?

REEKO_HTOWN and coachbadlee like this.
  7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

you can't

macho GRANDE likes this.
  8. Mr. Dominant

Wow, why? I woke up and went straight to this thread assuming it would be in dark mode and it nearly ****ing blinded me! :(

@Clutch, can you pretty pretty pretty please enable dark mode on the football section if we have dark mode turned on? :)

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

The redskins are getting killed for it plus they were the only ones to put a claim on him

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Not a chance in hell the Texans even think about it.

He is on the Commissioner's Exempt List...which is essentially a suspension. He's not coming off until an investigation is complete and then he'd still have to serve a suspension of some sort. With the beating the Redskins have rightly taken this week, no one is going to put a claim in on him. Considering he was also in an altercation over the summer where he allegedly punched a man at a bar, Hunt ain't coming back any time soon.

11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Tyreke Hill

Beat his pregnant girlfriend

12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I look at guys like Ben and Kobe and think rapist. I don't celebrate guys like that who used power, money, and buy offs to get away with it. Maybe I am wrong, but my gut says they are liars. People who desire winning, no matter who you use to do it are just wired differently than me. I don't like seeing cheaters, PED takers, murderers, rapists, and women beaters performing for my entertainment. I'd rather see them all get what they deserve, and that isn't an NFL contract.

Patience likes this.
  13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And yet, the stupid woman got engaged to him in September, 3 years after the assault. Guys like that don't change. Hopefully he doesn't kill her next time they fight, instead of just choking her.

14. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I feel like Ray Rice would have had another chance if he were still great though. I wouldn't want Hunt, but I think he'll be back in the league because Joe Mixon is in the league and did worse. Fortunately for Mixon, he did his violence against women before he was in the NFL.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

You might as well throw all sports out of your life then. Not saying all athletes, but youre watching entertainment that consist of physical specimens that are not likely the most civil and smart. They are, for the most part, testosterone driven brutes , and the more of a brute you are(no matter how you get there), the more you get paid. You can go back a thousand years or flash forward a thousand years, youll still find the same thing.

16. Mr. Dominant

Interesting POV. Good read.

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

If s team that employs Tyreek Hill and cuts a very successful RB that their offense heavily relies on 24 hours after the video is released; you know you shouldn't be thinking about picking him up.

The Chiefs didn't have ri cut him. They could have benched him or suspended him. This might be their best chance to make the superbowl in a long time. They cut one of their top playmakers because they know bad this is.

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

ah you're right, i had the wrong chief. that said for chiefs to cut hunt, they saw some **** on the video.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's likely that he gets blacklisted sort of like Ray Rice did, but since he's young enough, there will be a team out there who decides to give him a shot, but I think it'll be at least a year from now. The PR hit would be pretty huge for any team that picks him up due to the fact that there's a video so that'll keep most teams away including the Texans.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

Kobe was innocent lol