1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar blasts Dwight Howard

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pokemon, Oct 3, 2013.

1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

"I had to prepare Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum to play against Dwight and it was an easy job."

Ouch. It's funny to see Clutchfans bashing Dwight all these years for having no offensive game and now getting their panties in a wad when Dwight is on their team and someone dares to be honest about his game. Why be mad about what Kareem said? It's all the truth. It's up to Dwight to prove him wrong.

What no one addressed in that interview is how Shaq actually shot FTs better when it mattered and wasn't scared to do so.

1 person likes this.
  2. TheFreak

That article really isn't that convincing.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Dwight responds to Jabbar

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pWdd6_ZxX8c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  4. Sanity2disChaos

Skip bayless is an idiot! But I would love to debate with him.....

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I sense bitterness to his statement. They wanted Dwight back. Dwight left them, now they all act like they never really wanted them. Lame.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He wasn't the best player on his team in Milwaukee or in Magic's rookie season?

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

I never liked Lew, I don't care what he thinks. The Lakers are a bunch of whining cry babies. Good grief, get over it, players move all the time. LA has raided more NBA teams than anybody. I can't wait till we play them.

8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Big O was arguably the best player on the Bucks and Magic totally changed that team (and the entire sport of basketball)

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Kareem was league MVP and Finals MVP the year he won in Milwaukee. He had 133 out of 153 first place votes for MVP that year. Kareem was also league MVP in Magic's rookie season, with 147 out of 221 first place votes. It would be a big stretch for someone to argue he wasn't his team's best player in either season (not to take anything away from Magic's Finals performance that year).

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nothing wrong with that but it is hilariously bad timing that stands out here.
    Why not talking about his game when he is all and done at the end of his career.
    Now that he is in Houston, Magic, Kareem, D'Antoni are coming out and criticizing his game that is just funny.

11. basketballholic

72%

Gotta hand it to Kareem. Huge man, huge hands....banged them down to the tune of 72% for a career.

Some of you guys knocking Kareem will be the same guys cursing Dwight when he clangs a couple freebies and costs us a game.

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

While I won't say that shooting something basically the size of a tennis ball (exaggeration) is easy, guys like Yao and Dirk have big hands and shoot the ball extremely well at the line. Its about learning the touch/fundamentals from a young age, guys like Dwight and all can just get away with dunking on everyone but there comes a time (the nba) where it evens out, and weaknesses get exposed. Then agian he said he was a 90% FT shooter in highschool so who knows

13. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

figures.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

Oh well... never liked Kareem and Dwight anyway, but now that Dwight is with us, **** Kareem. Hakeem was better.

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

While it is true that DH gets consistently criticized for not having a go to move that is automatic, consistent and lethal, that criticism is a bit harsh. He does need to work on FT form and percentage , but kareem does seem to be a bit butthurt about losing DH.

It's like the controlling BF telling the girl "I love you, you are everything to me, sweet loving and intelligent and I can't live without you."

When she breaks up with him forever, he tells her:

"FU, ho, you are fat and stupid and terrible in bed"

#95 Tfor3, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  16. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

Funny how Kareem waited til after Dwight told the lakers to get f@cked to mention that.

It's sour grapes - plain and simple. I've never been a huge Dwight fan but to think that the bullish!t Kareem is spewing after the fact is nothing more than incessant whining is hilarious to me. If Dwight was so bad and not much of a loss that entire organization wouldn't have tried to do everything in their power to keep him.

17. TheFreak

Just like he said, why would Kareem criticize Dwight while he's on the same team Kareem's employed by and wanting Dwight to re-sign with? Do you really think it's in anyone's best interest to do that? Why not just ask yourself if Kareem's comments make sense? If being honest, you should agree with him. Anything to the contrary might be 'incessant whining'.

18. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

@10:08 Skip Bayless: "Why in your mind have you not been offered the head coaching job???"

How can anyone take Skip Bayless seriously??

Why ppl even listen to him and Stephen A Smith blows my mind :mad:

19. MichaelG281713

Mutumbo was no where near Dwight as far as offensive production. Always liked Mutumbo, but this is just a troll's shot at Dwight. Even though they both were known for their elite defense, their games are still vastly different. Dwight is better. It's not even remotely close.

You're talking all-star vs. superstar. A healthy Dwight is a true superstar.

1 person likes this.
  20. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

Anyone else catch the fact that Kareem said "When the Lakers signed Dwight..."?

Am I missing something, cause I do not ever recall the Lakers signing Dwight. He was TRADED to the Lakers.