1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JVG sticking up for Battier 4 All defensive team.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TriCkz, Jun 5, 2008.

1. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

They discussed it during the Lakers / Celtics game.

Saying Battier deserved it more than Kobe.

Not a huge deal but Battier really did deserve to be on the 1st all defensive team since he didn't get the defensive player of the year.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

it's not sticking up for him, it's the truth.

who has kobe shut down this year? it's all reputation.

3. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I'm on VG's bandwagon. Kobe is good defender, but he ain't better than Battier, nor a few others out there.

4. Chronz

Chronz Member

JVG always owns Mark Jackson

JVG is a realist who sees things the way they are, Jackson is all about sounding mythical with his analysis.

5. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

The Rockets have their footprints all over the Finals.

Mark Jackson and JVG <<< Former Rockets player and coach
    Jon Barry <<< Former Rockets player

6. ibm

ibm Member

right. and magic - former rockets, err, opponent. :D

7. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

We are the only team that does NOT need to double-team kobe when playing the Lakers.

8. bugzpodder

bugzpodder Member

and lose :D

no chance rockets would have a chance against lakers without yao

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Agreed. I like how they are opposites and think they make a good team but Mark Jackson abuses hyperbole to the point where he sounds like a used car salesman or a geezer with dementia.

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

What about Detroit, Sacramento, Phoenix, and possibly Boston?

11. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

I knew someone would post this.

I love that guy. JVG is the man, he gives credit where credit is due. Not like that stupid mark jackson whos all about star power. JVG sticks up for the little man and doesnt look at things objectively.

Jacksons argument was weak as always. "KObe can get a guy and shut him down for minutes at a time"

well shane can get a guy, shut him down for most of the game and then come the next day and shut down an even better guy and so on...

i will watch the finals just for JVG, I could do without mark jackson. if mark jackson ever gets his shot, he will never be as good as JVG, he will favor the stars and look at the big picture instead of all the little things.

12. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

fixed

13. sook

sook Rookie

Ya JVG is the best analyst/comm. out there IMHO. I can't stand old senile r****ds like Hubie Brown or idiots like Mark Jackson.

Who thought Mark Jackson's reply to JVG after that was a bit rude? He didn't need to get up in his face like that, they say Bowen is the best defender when battier is all clean with the hand up in your face and twice the sportsman. Its a shame he didn't even make first when voted 3RD for DPOY ROFL!

14. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

JVG makes Mark Jackson look stupid ALOT, lol. Mark Jackson is so annoying, and JVG's holding back. Sometimes I imagine JVG responding to something stupid Jackson says, but he just lets it go. Jackson's perfect for ESPN though, because thats the type of commentator they are looking for.

15. xiudou@cn

xiudou@cn Member

Battier for all defensive team, I agree. Because I don't want to admit the Battier/Gay trade is a joke.
    Battier deserve it more than Kobe? It's a joke already.

16. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

thought JVG owned Jackson on that exchange.

Mark Jackson just talks crap and tries to sound cool.

was a bit disapointed JVG didnt find time to talk baseball, im sure he will find time in Game 2. :)

17. jlwee

jlwee Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2008031610

Shane shut down Kobe and the rockets won without Yao. Come on, Kobe and Yao fan boy, Kobe is not god and yao is not rockets savior

Watch more games, another kobe fan boy! Kobe is a decent defender but he dont shut down players these days cos he spent most of his energy on offense. He was on the 1st team simply because of his past reputation not his effort this season!

18. battousai

battousai Member

If anyon has been listening to mark and JVG thru out the playoffs, you get a sense of those two fighting and competing for coaching job.

often times, they both trying to show off their knowledge of the game. I would like JVG knows alot more than mark in terms of defense and execution. Mark knows more and showing more of a human side as he could be the player's coach type.

Why hasn't any team lockup JVG as coach yet?

I thought Pistons would be a great team for JVG.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

jvg can't hold hubie's jock strap in coaching or analysis

#19 pgabriel, Jun 6, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2008
  20. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Cause he doesn't want to coach. I think the only team he wanted to coach was the Rockets. He's doing pretty well with the commentating gig.

He makes Jackson tolerable.

And who ever said sometimes Mark Jackson says something and you know what JVG is thinking in response and biting his tongue. I am the same way. At times I hear JVG sarcastic response in my head even though he doesn't speak on the air.