1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JVG: He's to blame

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W-Mac, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

IIIIIIIIIIN BEFORE THE LOCK!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

2. ikfit

ikfit Member

Jvg is a good coach. Our Rockets also play great game.

But, Jvg is not good for developing young plays and not good to play more roatations.

Look at Suns and Mavs, when their starters have a bad night they always can have someone come from bench and step up. For Jvg, never, no matter how bad night his player has, he still don't make any change and just use his paper **** to coach the game.

3. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

You want to play zone against the best 3 point shooting team in the league. The way to beat a zone is to shoot 3s. Phoenix would score 200 points if a team played zone against them. That is like saying teams should stop the Rox by single covering Yao, so that Chuck Hayes doesnt go off. Yao would score 70 points.

4. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Right, because Avery Johnson was personally responsible for the development of Devean George into a great defender and 3 point shooter.

Some BBS'ers around here are like sheep. They hear some random anti-JVG argument and then start to spill it out like puke repeatedly after every loss.

5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Terrible thread :rolleyes:

6. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Threads about whether JVG is stupendous or stupid are a waste of Clutch's webspace. The dichotomy of opinion is rendered moot because only Les Alexander's opinion (based on Daryl's Morey's moneyball stats on how well JVG coaches) counts.

Personally, I believe JVG's coaching style is 10 years in the past. We need a coach who can develop players -- players who not only can play defense but also get their own shots using innovative offensive sets.

7. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

While you were at it, you forgot one more statment 'JVG the worst coach in NBA History!' :rolleyes:

and i'll add my own 'worst thread ever!!!'

8. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

Who has JVG had a chance to develop. The only young players who have had any talent that he has coached on the Rockets before this year were Yao and Head. So lets see, Yao is a beast but of course people will say that it is not JVG who developed him. Head is doing well, but JVG must not have had anything to do with that either. Instead lets blame him for not developing the two most talented players in the NBA, Novak and Vspan, into all stars during the first 40 games of their careers.

9. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

So let me get this right, JVG's coaching had nothing to do with getting the leads, only to do with us blowing them? Also who should we hire cuz basically, isnt just about every coach in the NBA getting outcoached by Avery and D'antoni, cuz it sure seems the Mavs and Suns win all the time. You are right though it has nothing to do with the fact they are the two most talented teams in the league.

10. derrick

derrick Member

Are you kidding me? If you really watched the game, Gundy switched Deke for Hayes. He called a timeout to make a sub. Of course he didn’t do it the first time that Devon hit a three (no coach would jump the gun to make that sub.. that would be jumping the gun), but he did do it the second time Devon hit a three. Also, JVG left JLIII in the game because of his speed. JLIII is the fastest player on the team. Bonzi can't play that speed because he is NOT IN SHAPE!!! It was a good sub. JLIII just didn’t hit his shot. If he would have hit his shots, you would be saying that JLIII needs more pt, "JVG needs to play him more", "JVG is killing his confidence", blah blah blah. JVG didn't want to play Snyder becasue he isn't ready. If you have played ball before, you understand it takes a while to get back in game shape. It would also be stupid to sit in a zone against the suns. They are the best shooting team in the leauge. They shoot threes like no other.. Sitting in a zone would be stupid (COACHING 101). It's JVG's fault the team is doing as well as it is doing. JVG prepares his team to play. No coach, not one prepares and study's for games like JVG. He is one of the best coaches in the league. END OF STORY

11. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Everytime we lose, it's JVG this, JVG that. Where's Novak? Where's V-Span? Off with Rafer's head!!!! Put in JL3!! :mad: :eek:

Everytime we win, it's what heart these guys are showing with Yao injured!!!!!11111111111 Dikembe!!!!!!!11111111111111 T-Mac's back!!!1 :eek: :eek: :cool:

Shut up already.

The Rockets are exceeding EVERYBODY'S expectations this year.

Everybody was about to jump off a cliff on draft night after we found out we traded for Shane for Swift AND Gay.

That has worked out.

People wanted to trade Head and J-Ho for bags of peanuts before the season started.

Where would we be without J-Ho and Head right now?

Everybody thought Chuck Hayes was the second coming of Rodman or something.

..he can't stay in the game long enough, nor hit a layup to save his life.

When T-Mac was injured and struggling early on, we all hoped for the best. With one eye open, scared to watch.

Guess what, the Rockets still won.

When Yao went down with an injury, we all held our breath, and then just about threw in the towel. Let the Greg Oden sweepstakes begin!!!!!!!111 We're doomed! :rolleyes:

Guess what, the Rockets still won, and they will continue to do so.

We're playing great ball, as evidenced by going toe to toe and trading blow for blow with the two top elite teams in the league. One against WITHOUT YAO or T-Mac.

We win games, we lose games. We can't win them all.

The goal is to make the playoffs with a HEALTHY squad.

That's all that matters. Make the playoffs healthy, and let's take it from there.

Until then, quit nitpicking at every loss, and pointing fingers.

It's stupid. :rolleyes:

12. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Win the games we're supposed to win, and we'll be all right.

Chill. :eek:

13. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

take off your helmet and take out your retainer. i am having trouble understanding you

thank you

14. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

And sometimes mistakes make life. :D

15. richirich

You're not talking to gekkos are you? :D

16. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Coaching basketball is so easy a cave man can do it!! :D

17. richirich

Ouch! roflmao! If he was ridged too steeply it would be difficult to sit on him as a couch for too long. So the ridges must be subtle ridges, the kind that just massage your butt while you sit. But does Jeff really enjoy being used in this manner?

I can barely type I am laughing so much.

This reminds me of the first post by yfan from Shanghai who used babelfish to translate.

My apologies Kyakko but this is just too funny this late at night. And I needed a good laugh. My hat is off to you. It should read coach and rigid.

18. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

I had some time so I counted how many posters bashed on this guy/girl for posting this thread and also bashing the thread itself, it came out to be 56 of 77 posts that bashed this guy/girl. And majority of the rest of the posts had nothing to do with this thread and didn't make any sense to me (I think they were suppose to be jokes?) and only few like 6 or 7 out of 77 posts actually supported this thread!! :D

sorry after reading some of the posts, I had to check it out!! :p

here's my fav. "how's the weather fairing in that fantasy world of yours? it's cold and rainy here in houston"

#78 Riz, Jan 18, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

In what category does your post fall under? Does it have anything to do with this thread?

20. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

obviously it has to do with this thread! did you even read my post?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.