1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JVG Calls out NBA and Jason Kidd

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rocketsjudoka, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Are you sure you really want the commentators talk Xs and Os 100% of the time? Some people might want that. But it's a small minority.

There's a reason why they sell beer and popcorn for in game consumption. Sometimes you do want some dressing on your salad.

If I wanted pure basketball knowledge, I'd prefer Hubie Brown over JVG. JVG is too opinionated to be an objective analysis. But people, including me, like JVG because he voices what us serious fans always want to voice. He always hit a cord that resonate with the fans. That's a sign of a good color commentator.

2. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

JVG is nice because he's willing to call out the NBA. I don't always agree with him or Simmons, but it's nice that high profile guys in journalism are willing to question the NBA and the ESPN company line.

1 person likes this.
  3. Classic

Classic Member

[​IMG]

4. Classic

Classic Member

Exactly.

5. Convictedstupid

Everyone else is replying to you so I just thought I'd keep it going.

6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I've watched enough basketball to not need every play analyzed by a so called "expert." Jvg does his job better than anyone else because he entertains you. If jvg is not commentating, I'd rather it be on mute because plenty of these tv guys are worthless and know less about basketball than a common fan

7. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

This exactly. I have no problem with his rants.

8. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As a fan I'm very interested in JVG's take on NBA policy and the overall state of the league. And I'd much rather he use his time during the game to comment on it, b/c I can't bother with twitter bs or searching it out on a dedicated radio program.

9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i for one appreciated the rant. like he said, if you want to just leave it up to the courts, then i guess you can take that stance (though i personally wouldn't). but if you are going to get into punishing off the court stuff, then it has to be real punishment for real offenses. 2 games means nothing for something like DUI. now maybe the players union just won't let anything worse happen, but i don't get the impression the league wants it much different than it is either. hopefully it changes.

10. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

No, it's undeniably relevant. It's a statement about the NBA and it particularly pertains to the teams he is "analyzing". Despite your lame whining, you seem to agree - the rest of your post complains about the timing, not the substance.