1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Justin James

Discussion in '2019 NBA Draft' started by Roc Paint, Sep 25, 2015.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Easter Egg Hunter - Tell me why? نحن عائلة
    Supporting Member

I think he had a sprain, speedy recovery!

2. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

lockedin34 and Roc Paint like this.
  3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is hilarious

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  4. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

Except you missed the part where the OP quotes me on every post I make and talks down on me lol

5. Roc Paint

Supporting Member

Don’t mistake me for your mother

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  6. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

Roc Paint likes this.
  7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Why are you in the thread shitting on his family member? It's stupid

Roc Paint likes this.
  8. Roc Paint

Supporting Member

This is the million dollar question

King1 likes this.
  9. Roc Paint

Supporting Member

This asshole should feel lucky that I don’t plaster this information on the front page around here

King1 likes this.
  10. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

Zinger

11. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

You’re the asshole lmao. You literally quote every post I make and start something. Get a life bud

12. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This isn't a good look for you, man. No sense pissing on the dude's parade. The guy is believed in his cousin and watched him live out his dream. He has a right to be proud.

King1 likes this.
  13. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

It’s an online forum, I couldn’t care less what is a good look for me or not. I don’t care about him or his cousin, but he deserves to get hate back for the bs he spits

14. PullUpJ

PullUpJ Member

What's wrong with you?

15. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DEAB2DAC-8E14-48B3-B04F-7084F8E341AB.jpeg

16. Roc Paint

Supporting Member

Can Justin James be a contributor for the Sacramento Kings?

by Gurjus Singh2 days ago

NEXT1 of 3PREV POST
    Use your ← → (arrows) to browse
    [​IMG]
    In the 2019 NBA Draft, the Sacramento Kings drafted Justin James with the 40th pick. Can he become a contributor for the purple and white?

In the 2019 NBA Draft, the Sacramento Kings used their first second-round pick on Justin James from the University of Wyoming.

[​IMG]
    James Ham

✔@James_HamNBCS

Per league source, Justin James’ new contract with the Sacramento Kings is a 3-year league minimum deal (3-yr, $4.2 million) with the first two seasons guaranteed.

[​IMG]

What does this mean for Sacramento?
    Based on the amount of guaranteed money James got, it shows how much confidence the Kings have in him going forward. But when the Kings decided to select James with the 40th pick, it did cause some controversy within the team’s community.

For the fans that did not like the acquisition, it was because they thought there were other players available that were better than James. Also, the fact that the Kings selected another two guard did not please the team’s fanbase either.

But for people who did like the acquisition, they believed that the production James contributed while with the Wyoming Cowboys could translate somewhat to the NBA while with the purple and white.

RELATED PRODUCT

Sacramento Scores Short-Sleeve T-Shirt
    To me, there are points that I agree with on both sides which is why I am writing this piece. Let me explain how I believe Justin James can be a contributor for the Kings right now but also mention the aspects of the game that the rookie can work on going forward.

17. Roc Paint

Supporting Member

Can Justin James be a contributor for the Sacramento Kings?

by Gurjus Singh2 days ago

NEXT2 of 3PREV
    Use your ← → (arrows) to browse
    [​IMG]

What can Justin provide already for the Kings?

Justin James is an intriguing prospect because he can score in multiple ways. He is a 6’7″ guard, similar to Klay Thompson, who can score off the dribble and does provide a little bit of playmaking which he displayed during his limited time in summer league.

He improved every year during his time at Wyoming averaging over 22 points per game in his final season. But his three-point percentage dipped to around 30%.

In Las Vegas, Justin proved more of the same of how he can find creative ways to score. He seems to fit in the fast-paced offense the Kings are trying to run, scoring on multiple fastbreaks when he was playing against teams in summer league. He also has athleticism and strength by finishing dunks and And-1 baskets.

James can also provide defense for the Kings. As shown in this clip, Justin gets a chance to swipe the ball and complete a steal, resulting in a fastbreak score.

In his summer league game against the Houston Rockets, Justin showed why he could be much more of a force on defense rather than just creating steals. He moves his feet on defense smooth and does not let his opponent get past him resulting in a block and a turnover. He has shown this kind of movement on defense throughout his Kings tenure so far.

King1 and daywalker02 like this.