1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Justice: Who should the Rockets hire? Casey? Frank? McHale?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, May 7, 2011.

?

Who should the Rockets hire?

Poll closed Jul 6, 2011.
  1. Dwane Casey

58.9%
  2. Lawrence Frank

26.3%
  3. Kevin McHale

14.7%
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Feigen goes on vacation.:p Haha no I dont know.

Wrote a blog on it this morning. Got the 3 final candidates, blah, blah, blah. His guess is it's Casey. If so, we're still in for a wait. Not that there is a rush or should be a rush.

[rquoter]I can’t really predict who among the three finalists will emerge as the next Rockets coach. In a list with Lawrence Frank, Dwane Casey and Kevin McHale, one name does not seem to belong with the others. Frank and Casey are long-serving assistant coaches now running the defensive end for the Celtics and Mavericks, respectively. Since his Hall of Fame career, most of McHale’s time was in the front office.

Daryl Morey knows him well. They worked together on those joint predraft workouts for several years. He would not be wasting McHale’s time if he was not interested, but it seems strange to have Frank and Casey as finalists for the same job as McHale, who interviewed with Morey on Tuesday. Between Frank and Casey, it is difficult to pick a favorite. Both are greatly respected around the league. Casey might have more player development time in his career so if I have to pick a favorite, I’d guess it would be Casey.[/rquoter]​

http://blog.chron.com/nba/2011/05/h...-the-rockets-one-interview-closer-to-a-coach/

2. Persianfooo

Persianfooo Member

Where is the Mike Brown option? His team won 60+ games, he deserves a chance.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Brown is not a final candidate for the job.

Brown rejected the Rockets.

4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

before the Rockets could reject him.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Feigen's been recovering from pneumonia recently.

6. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

McHale now the latest to be interviewed. Is there still more cadidates left?

Lakers, Warriors have been searching for a coach too and teams like Detroit, Pacers, Minnesota and kings could be looking soon as well.

7. Roxs-Redemption

We must take our chances as soon as the offseason begin (or Mavs lost the WCFs) and sign Dwane Casey and JVG as an Assistant coach

8. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

The coach really doesn't matter but he needs to be willing to give guys a chance to shine. I know we have play makers on this team that just need some minutes to get loose and rick wouldn't really give those guys a shot.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

can we apologize to adelman publicly and rehire him? c'mon morey, admit you're wrong bro.

the 3 current candidates are terrible.

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Hmmmmmmm.

Maybe it's McHale, assistant GM (in a role similar to CD working with Morey and developing our bigs) and Casey Head Coach, with John Lucas as one of the assistant head coaches?

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

SI: Rockets, Warriors, Lakers narrow coaching search

Rockets: McHale, Casey, Frank
    Warriors: Brown, Casey(interviewed), Person, Shaw, Frank(likely to be interviewed)
    Lakers: Adelman, Shaw, Person, Dunleavy

12. durvasa

Did you change the color in your quote box to white?

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Are you on CFOriginal or white? But yes I did. When I copied the text from SI, it copied or showed up as black text. Being that I'm on CFDark, black text doesnt really work for me(or other dark users). Sorry, btw.

14. durvasa

Original.

There must be a problem with the CFDark settings, then. It should automatically render pasted-in text as white, shouldn't it?

Edit: I tested it in Firefox (3.15.19), and it shows up as white in CFDark. Which web browser are you using?

#74 durvasa, May 14, 2011
    Last edited: May 14, 2011
  15. jets fool

jets fool Member

les will choose mchale now shaq can take his seat on inside the game with ernie cwebb kenny and chuck

16. eman

eman Contributing Member

It's been a couple days since I last begged for my choice, so I'll bust it out again: Brad Stevens, please.

17. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

we're trying to make our roster into a good defensive team? i think itd take a miracle worker for that. i think people need to remember that if you have a decent first step in this league, you can get by anybody because of the no hand checking rule. to be a good team in this league i think at the very least you need to be good at rebounding which we weren't last year. i guess this is why i don't really care who becomes coach at this point. i guess frank because he has the most experience?

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

I think the issue is that I am using the Enhanced Message Editor Interface. I'll just use a diff. color text that shows up for both sides. [[Currently using IE8. [insertjokehere] Ha. ]]

19. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Do any of yall get the feeling that its going to be Casey, seeing as its been awhile since the finalists were announced and only Casey is left?

20. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

^ No. They haven't hired anybody, because they're going to interview all three finalists a second time, before making a final decision.