1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Justice: Who should the Rockets hire? Casey? Frank? McHale?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, May 7, 2011.

?

Who should the Rockets hire?

Poll closed Jul 6, 2011.
  1. Dwane Casey

58.9%
  2. Lawrence Frank

26.3%
  3. Kevin McHale

14.7%
  1. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

But Frank sounds like a Morey type of guy with preparation ect. I think McHale or Casey would both be good picks for a young team. What do I know.

2. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Exactly!

3. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

McHale. He's the best hope for the Rockets to get a better draft pick next year.

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Yeah, but he yells a lot on the sidelines and he puts a lot of hours in.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

McHale isnt that bad a COACH on the sideline. He's a suspect GM and talent evaluator. McHale isnt a "rock the boat" type, but not sure how much he'd "concede" to the GM's stat driven method, if he's gonna be "old school" about things.

I'm not in the Lawrence Frank bandwagon. He had the worst start to an NBA season in history for a reason.

I guess that leaves Casey by default.

6. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

please add the NONE option

7. Nook

Nook Member

Being a GM and Coach are not the same... he received praise from players and scouts for his coaching... the question is, can he work with Morey, can the Rockets sell him, and is he the best candidate.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

The words JVG clone is all I need to know... I definitely do not want another JVG experience.

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Funny back handed compliment for McHale. :grin:

10. ken

ken Rookie

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Lawrence Frank..........took over a .500 Nets team featuring Kidd, Carter, and Jefferson and drove them to the second round of the playoffs as a 33-year-old punk.

The next season, at age 34, he coached them up to 42-40 and the 8th seed in the playoffs with Kidd missing 16 games, Carter missing 25 games, and Jefferson missing 49 games.

The next season, at age 35, he coached them up to 49-33 with his Big 3 relatively healthy.

The next season they fell off to .500. Go look at that roster of the 2007 Nets and tell me what coach could have done better with them.

The next season they fell to 34-48 as Kidd was traded away midseason.

The next season they stayed at 34-48 even though Jefferson was now gone.

The next season (2009-10) he was fired as the Nets rebuilt with Brook Lopez and Devin Harris. He finished that last season 0-16 before being dismissed. That team finished 12-70 for the season. They were terrible. They didn't get better after he left. They were rebuilding. He could've easily won just as many games as Kiki won with that bunch.

AND THIS ALL BEFORE HE TURNED 40!

There is no way he could coach Kidd, Carter, and Jefferson to the playoffs if he didn't have the respect of NBA players.

He is a good coach. And he's only 40. He's gonna get better. He'll be a good hire. And he'll be a great hire if we can keep our passing offense.

12. acjeitherocket

13. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

http://blog.chron.com/nba/2011/05/a...em-rockets-close-in-on-their-coaching-choice/

14. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

If its between these three then I certainly do not want Mc Hale or Frank coaching our team. So it would have to be Dwayne Casey.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/05/mavericks-assistant-dwane-casey-on-short.html

16. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If so, please let it be Lawrence Frank ;)

17. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

honestly i'll be happy with either frank or casey. both are known for their defense. casey might be a little better at offense and player development, but frank is 10 years younger and might be more of a long term solution.

18. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Rick Adelman is like the girlfriend you want to break up with but instead she breaks up with you and now you want her back.

19. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I was shocked when I read that Casey was 54 already, though I'd argue that he's a very young 54, since he's staying in shape and taking care of his body.

He's probably still my favorite out of those three guys.
    Lawrence Frank just isn't very appealing to me. He is what he is. A very good assisant who's dedicated to the game and works hard, which is great, but there's a lot more to being the head coach of a NBA team.

20. R=$

R=$ Member

Being in your 40s is cool!:cool: