1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Justice: McHale should talk to, not iso, Les Alexander

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 7, 2011.

1. CXbby

CXbby Member

After telling the president to go **** himself? My history must be murky.

You must be very naive about the chain of command if you think decisions like that are made by generals alone.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No I did read it. Quite assuming things. I just didn't choose to quote that whole post. You put words in Brown's mouth and made up your own explanation.

If you can do, others can do too. But then all we are doing is creating theories. I don't feel a huge need to defend Adelman or JVG like you do Les. So, you throw all these theories together, start believing them as fact, then call other people's logical explanations "myths."

You want to defend Les so fervently that you actually believe your theories are fact. Dude, stop with the spin machine and then calling people illogical when they spin theories. So, you don't see how you are doing that, do you?

1 person likes this.
  3. heypartner

never said that. We're did I say that. Why do you debating in this thread by putting words in ppl's mouths -- Tab Brown and several other posters.

4. CXbby

CXbby Member

Dude, Les is a billionaire. I doubt his feelings are hurt by a few nobodies on the internets. And he certainly doesn't need my defense. I couldn't care less about Les the human being and his evil laughter.

However, what I will defend is Truth in the face of a mob of false accusations and baseless vitriol. So that your children and your children's children can grow up in a world free of hate and factual inaccuracies, in the pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness. You're welcome.

#124 CXbby, Jun 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  5. CXbby

CXbby Member

Trust me, if I ever put something in your mouth you would know about it. If you have trouble understanding some things maybe you should go re-read them.

6. heypartner

Even though Leslie has no bball creativity like Sting does musicianship, I'll say I can agree with that.

I hate wasting years over building chemistry. Every time you switch a great coach you risk wasting time. I think I just don't like a revolving door approach to finding the presumably "right fit." I think it is a mistake. So, in that sense, it is not the same as a player leaving due to free agency, because they are sole decision-maker (it's their life); whereas, Leslie shouldn't really be.

7. heypartner

wtf dude. It's obvious you can't argue. That post proves it. Spin machine, putting words in ppl's mouth and calling everyone illogical and dense and go re-read what you said.

childish

btw: you still didn't answer my question how I said generals make all the decisions. You can't debate without making things up, then refusing to admit to it.

8. CXbby

CXbby Member

It's his team.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Isn't it Leslie's life, too? Isn't he entitled to some happiness?

I agree that having a revolving door doesn't help, and wish they'd just find the right guy and stick with him. However, I think a part of it is that Morey only took over the team 4 years ago with his analytics approach, and this is the first opportunity he had to have someone implement that vision in terms of coaching and game planning. This is apparently the direction they want to go. Well, lets run it up the flag poll and see what happens.

Leslies and Morey has put a lot of effort into the analytics, so we might as well see the payoff.

10. heypartner

So, you don't see a difference between "sole" decision-maker and "final" decision-maker. A free agent in Carl Herrara's analogy is a "sole" decision-maker. An owner can be a final one, but not a sole one. It's bad for the team.

damn you are d e n s e

So it's the President's army...he should be sole decision-maker.

11. CXbby

CXbby Member

You want me to spell it out for you? It is obvious that I am already not being very nice, but to go that far would just be cruel. Go read your response to my analogy and figure out how your statement at all made sense. This is becoming a pissing match. If we are not going to talk about basketball and keep focusing on how you fail at connecting your own sentences, then I have better things to do besides wasting Clutch's bandwidth. Have a nice day.

12. heypartner

I can agree with that, too. But it's not really what this thread is about.

I can agree with giving Morey more control, now that the reason for hiring Adelman no longer really exists. It's just (like Easy is saying), this article and other info makes me think this wasn't about Morey vs Adelman; I'd hate to think Morey would have kept Adelman if it weren't for Leslie.

13. heypartner

little boy.

let me 'splain sumpin to you.

I gave your analogy zero value, so I produced as equally silly response. What? You were expecting a real response. Quit taking yourself so seriously. It shows your rookie-level arguing ability if you actually thought my response was supposed to make sense beyond the purpose of juxtaposing it against your silly analogy.

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

old fart.

How is that different from the rest of your posts??? :confused:

Have a nice nap, pops. Peace.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I'm not sure if "talking with Leslie" was the deal breaker-- it's just something that would have helped the owner/coach dynamic a good deal.

Adelman and Morey did talk for 4 days before Adelman's departure. It seems the bigger issue was the old school/new school (analytics) difference and that the front office wants at least an analytics=oriented guy (Joerger or Finch?) on the staff and Adelman was not willing to replace his assistants out of loyalty.

I'm thinking that the one guy for whom the "owner relationship" might have been a primary problem was Jeff Van Gundy. It seems that, at least right now, he is receptive to analytics, at least to the same degree that McHale is, but he wasn't considered as a candidate this time around. He might have distrusted analytics more back in 2007, though, when Morey was new to the job.

16. Chris Jent MVP

a free agent isn't a sole decision maker either. there are agents, wives/families, lawyers, sponsors, etc to consider in the decision making process. the free agent is the final decision maker, however.

it's mostly semantics. the final decision maker can be the sole decision maker, if they choose to cut others out of the process. and since the final decision maker has the choice of being the sole decision maker or not, it can be said that they were always the sole decision maker all along.

17. Damion Laverne

^^^Woah woah!! wink wink ;)

All sexual innuendo aside, I think it's perfectly natural for the owner to seek information from the coach; there's nothing wrong with that. The team is really nothing more than an entertainment-type of corporation.

I'm sure the Slippery Eel will have no problem talking to Les.

1 person likes this.
  18. CXbby

CXbby Member

C'mon, I thought we were past that. lol

19. heypartner

There's a difference between the ABA and the NBA. I don't think it's wise to ask a coach, "How can we increase the entertainment value of our company."

Sure, talk to the coach; ask him information; but don't naively insult his expertise.

Leslie: "Hey, JVG, I think the fans like a fast-breaking, uptempo style. Do you think we can run more this year. Just wondering. Oh, and do you mind coming to this party for the Luxury Box owners and spending time with each personally; I'll have my secretary send over some tape of them so you can practice learning their names."

JVG: "Tell you what. How about I buy a section of seats for the Rowdiest Fans in the stadium, and you leave me alone."

20. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Gee, I wonder why this would be?

Even though this is supposed to be an article completely devoid of brown-nosing, I have to ask, WTF? Somehow it's the coach's fault that the owner doesn't feel comfortable second-guessing the coach in person? What's the coach supposed to do, give the owner a report after each game about why they lost?