1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just wait till Lin plays up to his potential

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jasonemilio, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

We have solid players IN:
    Lin
    Hardin
    Parson
    Osik
    Patterson
    Jones
    Delfino
    Cook

Unproven players:
    Machado
    White
    Montiej
    Greg Smith
    Aldrich

And then we have the WORST:
    Tony Douglas
    Marcus Morris

Oh, and the unproven coach:
    McHale (why the hell you play Douglas and Morris) when you have Jones who is a hell lot better than Morris. Is it because he's rookie? It's pathetic really.

2. David Stern

David Stern Member

You won't see anything special. But he looks to be a solid player that positively impacts the game. I'll accept him for what he is but if the rockets want to build a contender he'll have to be the 4th or 5th best starter on the team.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

yeah so we replaced Lowry and Gogi with Lin at the point guard position

I miss gogogogogogogogi

4. Rocketman1234

Rocketman1234 Member

Stop this lowry dragic nonsense..they forced their way out of houston!!

2 people like this.
  5. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

Indeed. When Harden was out there w/o Lin, the defense would key onto Harden, and his effectiveness went down. When both of those two were out there, Harden kicked into another gear. Harden played amazing ball today, I'm totally stoked for this guy. Even though Martin would score in bunches, he stopped the offense. Harden scores and makes plays for others. I thought I was watching Lebron for a second.

6. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

**** lowry. Goran could have easily been kept and we would never have had Lin if it weren't for Les seeing that asian $$$. Goran is the better player imo. Lin looked okay, and of course he CAN get better, but Harden and Goran would look better together right now. It's my opinion. That is all. I'm not dissing his holiness the Jeremy Lin. I just think what we see is what we are going to get. An avg player.

1 person likes this.
  7. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Olajuwon no longer plays for the Rockets. Drexler no longer plays for the Rockets. Steve Francis no longer plays for the Rockets. TMac no longer plays for the Rockets. Yao no longer plays for the Rockets. Lowry and Dragic no longer play for the Rockets. But hell we all know their history.

I am not particularly good at arguing with a random uneducated poster on the Internet but I don't think I am the one who needs to re-educate myself. Good night.

#47 vcchlw, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  8. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

Lin looked okay. Not great, just okay. He played solid, but he did have some cringeworthy plays.

And you people using +/- to give him so much credit and diminish Harden, you realize that during Linsanity, Lin didn't always have the highest +/-, don't you?

For example:
    Lakers game, Lin was +8, but Billy Walker was +15
    Mavs game (in MSG), Lin was +14, but JR Smith was +21

Did you downplay Lin's performances in those games? No, didn't think so.

9. GideonC

GideonC Member

Watching Lin tonight I felt like he was a little off with his shot and timing... but I love how he plays. I didn't see much of him on NY last year (although I liked the couple of games I watched), but feel like he's a really valuable player after watching tonight. That +23 isn't an accident... he starts the offense fast, plays unselfish, and sets the tone on D... just a really fluid high bbiq game that rubs off on everybody imo... 12-4-8 and 4 steals is actually a really good PG line anyway... so not sure what people are underwhelmed by, but I imagine that once he grooves in, he'll be more around 17-4-8.5-2.5 with solid percentages... this backcourt is SO fun to watch!

2 people like this.
  10. Lintastic

Lintastic Member

Rockets were +23 with Lin on the court, he was solid and only going to get better .

1 person likes this.
  11. Akim523

Akim523 Member

12 and 8 is average?

Ok

1 person likes this.
  12. TheRookets

TheRookets Rookie

Jesus Christ, you Lin haters are reaching too. Rockets didn't REPLACE gogi and lowry FOR Lin. SMH.

1 person likes this.
  13. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

It's a New Age dude. You're still dreaming about an old Rockets team that doesn't exist. Stop living in the past. Lin looked good. Sometimes +/- is skewed if you just look at the box score, but watching every minute of this game, his +23 was very real and accurate. He certainly looked like he belonged as a starting PG in the NBA. This was the kind of game he was aiming for coming into tonight. He doesn't and shouldn't be scoring 30 pts when Harden was as unstoppable as he was. Also, the refs easily costed him 6-8 pts at the line without any calls and Morris alone costed him another 2 assists.

14. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

Lin is no Dragic/Lowry. If he was, the Rocket's would've lost. Dragic/Lowry are stat kings, but game losers. Look at today's boxscore:

Lowry 6/11 21 pts 8 asts, 7 rbs, 5 steals and a big ass loss.
    Dragic 2/6 10 pts 6 asts 4bs and trailing at the half.

BTW, both players are considered by the ESPN pundits to have better teams, and yet with good numbers, still can't manage to get their teams over the hump to VICTORY.

I get it, you like losers, to each their own.

15. allaroundplayer

Lin had 2 great no look passes.

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

If he goes 12 & 8 and the Rox win I'm sure Lin won't give a crap what anyone thinks. Its a good night, we got the W!

1 person likes this.
  17. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Lin is an excellent defensive player. He is always in the right spot, makes all the percentage, position plays, and still gets steals, blocks, and deflections. The detractors rip on his defense because defense is harder for casual fans to understand, and when people say it enough, people believe it. Clutchfans, don't believe it. We have our own defensive Joe Dumars, with more steals, blocks, rebounds, and deflections. Lin never makes the flashy play, always the percentage play, and he helps out ALL of his teammates, even drawing the charge on Maxielle on a postup.

1 person likes this.
  18. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

What you see is what you get. So did you watch the game?

19. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Oh god, we're going to have to deal with people like you who don't actually know basketball for who knows how long now.

Lowry>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lin
    Dragic>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lin
    <br>
    Sadly Houston had to part ways with both and now we're stuck with Lin. But it's ok, he's not bad and hopefully he'll continue to grow as a player and his weaknesses will work themselves out.

20. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

You are entitled to your opinion, Lin's defense has always been > than Lin's offense. If you value defense and team play, you will appreciate Lin much more.