1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just plain embarrassing! I’m sick of this.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Mar 12, 2018.

1. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You're being hyperbolic. Nobody expects $20 courtside seats. Out of curiosity, I checked the lower-bowl prices for the game against the Bulls. To see a game against a full-on tank brigade, you're paying about $80 per ticket to sit in the last row of the lower bowl corner. All told, you'll probably spend over $100 for a ticket, one beer and a snack to see the Rockets beat the Bulls by 25 while our starters rest for an entire quarter.

If that fits into the things you value, more power to you! Entertainment value is subjective and I'm all for whatever makes you happy. But $100+ is not a small amount of money for a couple of hours on a Tuesday night for many people.

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

We've discussed the attendance thing to death, It's very aggravating.

The thing that irritates me is people believing the Texans are somehow responsible for it. If the Texans stopped existing the Rockets would have all the same problems they still do. Those Texan fans like football and football only.... maybe Nascar, but they wouldn't become Rockets fans.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

this topic has been discussed over and over on this board. theres certainly people that expect to pay around that price to sit lower bowl.

$80? where are you seeing that. im looking on flash seats now and lower bowl tickets are as low as $50. that shouldn't really be considered unreasonable

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

What do y’all really expect the prices to be for a 60+ win team that has superstars like Harden and CP3 in a large city like Houston? This isn’t the Charlotte Hornets.

5. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I checked Seat Geek ($65 + $15 in fees). I always forget about Flash Seats since I don't live in Houston (and they don't advertise on every single podcast :p). I agree that $50 for lower bowl against a tanking team isn't bad.

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, for all the folks who are saying ticket prices are too high, how do you explain 99% ticket sales? So, for all the folks complaining about lack of interest in the team, how do you explain an INCREASE in ticket sales from 94% to 99% from last season?

Sure, corporate tickets may go unused and folks have great ideas as to how to deal with this situation. How many of you have contacted the Rockets directly?

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

You think it's bad now? Imagine ticket prices next season if they win the whole thing.

hvic likes this.
  8. rockets13champs

Download SeatGeek tickets are starting in the $30s for the upcoming games.
    Use promo code ROMAN and get $20 any time you spent $21 or more
    @tinman @Rockets4lf @Rocket River
    I found this for y’all asking for lower prices. Use this app it helps you give ratings to seats and tells you if you are either overpaying or getting a seat for a good value

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

prices will be through the roof, but I’m one of those who think the prices for home games are reasonable and affordable for most games if you’re cool with sitting behind the baskets in the lower bowl or don’t think you’re too good to sit in the upper bowl

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think anybody is saying that courtside seats should be $20. We are saying that the high price even for bad seats is prohibiting most people from watching the game in the arena. Only a small percentage of the population who are affluent people and also happen to be hardcore fan will buy the tickets out of their pockets, them and those corporate perk people who get tickets for free. For the rest of us, we just watch on TV. And for the past 20 years or so, most nationally televised games are on cable TV. So you can't even watch on free broadcast like you can for the NFL. Even for a diehard fan like me, I'd rather go to a movie for $15 than to a game for $150.

Basketball is not an urban sport anymore. It's catering to the upper middle class people.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Toyota centers upper Bowl is nice. I’ve been to other stadiums and it sucked

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

i haven't seen much in this actual thread but again this topic has been discussed over and over and previous threads have made me believe so.

as stated earlier to each its own but saying actual game ticket prices is the reason the seats are empty isn't something I agree with.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That's what it all comes down to. People "Feeling" that they deserve better seats for a cheaper price. Sorry, that not how the world works. If you have money you can spend more for better stuff.

You think $250 for a seat at the top of Club is too much? Well someone doesn't and he just paid for it. Maybe he doesn't even care about the Rockets but that doesn't matter because they don't check your fandom at the Club door.

You think it's sucks to sit in the 400's behind the goal for $40? Someone just paid $40 and didn't blink.

Snowflakes abound in this forum. I bet some have even paid $10 for a craft beer in a bar. Guess what? You can buy a 6 pack of the same beer at Spec's and drink at home!

14. tnopham

tnopham Member

Being a season ticket holder for many yrs a lot of what others have said is true. There's several reasons people aren't in their seats for tip off. For me personally it's almost always traffic getting to the game, parking, and depending on how hungry I am if I go get food before sitting down. Many times I won't eat in my seat as it's very uncomfortable so I'll eat out by the concessions first. Horrible concession times/service are a factor as well sometimes.

Parking around the Toyota Center isn't exactly that great either. Actually it's horrible unless you pay a premium to park close, which I do sometimes if I'm running super late. Usually takes 15 minutes to walk and get through security.

For comparison. I went to the Rockets game in Denver recently and the Pepsi Center has a large parking lot right outside the arena. 10 minutes or less from parking your car and in your seats.

vince and txppratt like this.
  15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I agree that ticket prices and empty arena are two different issues. I'm actually not complaining about the empty seat thing, just the high prices. I think they should reserve some cheap tickets for door sales a couple hours before the game so that fans who can't afford the expensive tickets can still get in. I also agree with the idea that empty seats after the first quarter is forfeited and is fair game for anyone.

Also, if you want people to come early, abolish seat assignment (except for the choicest sections). First come first served. Pick any empty seat you see.

16. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Companies will take clients courtside all the time. Sometimes they buy them as employee contest prizes. Plus, there aren’t enough boxes to accomodate all htown businesses so the lower seats are actually a frequented option for companies. Plus, not all entertainment is business so you don’t always need the box atmosphere. SOmetimes you want the game experience for a client. Ether way, doesn’t change that the bottom bowl is very much corporate territory.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

its going to be interesting to see how the situation as a whole will be addressed after the season. I'm sure its been brought to Ferittas attention if for whatever reason hasn't noticed it already himself.

Easy likes this.
  18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Excuses,

Other cities have Spring Break, Mondays, and bad traffic too.

Reeko likes this.
  19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not asking for lower prices, it's the seating system at toyota center.

Toyota Center is cheap compared to other arenas.

20. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets tickets are expensive, and yet 99% of them are already sold. The Rockets franchise valuation was in part based on the high ticket prices and high sale rate. There isn't much motivation for the Rockets owner to stop selling tickets to corporations. Lots of money is coming in to the arena.

MadMax likes this.