1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just plain embarrassing! I’m sick of this.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Mar 12, 2018.

1. rockets13champs

Heart breaking failure 2014 Lillards buzzer beater
    2017 Manu Ginobli block on harden
    2 recent ones

2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Spot on here... time to legalize gambling in Downtown Houston too. Food Trucks are great... hopefully I can get my boss to agree to move me home to Houston to open a branch.

3. rockets13champs

Bay Area fixed with with the Bart
    NY always had subways since the beginning even MetLife stadium has a NJ transit train to take you to New Jersey to watch football.
    LA has a train
    Chicago
    Toronto

If Houston wants to be involved in major city talk we need to invest in something similar to MetroNorth or the Long Island Railroad. Which is a train than goes from every suburban town to all major universities and downtown. Literally can go from Eastern Long Island to Manhattan in 45 mins to 1 hour. Which is about 30-40 Miles. Houston can probably get in on that Elon musk bullet train thing and get Galveston to downtown Houston in 30 mins or so

buffalobills!!! and tycoonchip like this.
  4. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

1. Reinstate bidding on flashseats
    2. Lower ticket prices some
    3. Dim the lights on the crowd a bit

3 simple solutions that don’t effect anything in the grand scheme but all could combine for a positive effect in the stands.

Keo932, Lawlruschang, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  5. runamok

runamok Member

I seriously considered taking my Son to this game, I had to say no after seeing the price for nosebleeds were > $200, and none of their stars were in (although team is well coached). I don't understand why its that much. Sorry if my decision disappoints you. -(and I did not support eggball past 2 years)

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s not hard to get to Toyota center
    Transportation ain’t the problem

persian hoopa and Lawlruschang like this.
  7. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

When I lived in Houston, I used to go to the Summit and the Toyota center back in the day.
    I remember tickets were like $10 or $12 for noise-bleed seats.

I would occasionally pick up seats in the lower bowl if I was taking a date.
    Usually center court, 8th to 12th row back.
    I set my budget at $500 for the night, I don't ever remember going over my budget.
    This included dinner at an upscale restaurant, wine, Toyota Center parking, tickets, beers and if we went to a club after the game, any entertainment expenses.

Two Fifty a seat is just ridiculous.
    I wouldn't pay $250 per seat unless it was a playoff game.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Why don't you and the other 19 kids go do something about it? Buy some tix? Make some noise?

Or just be a b**** and b****.

persian hoopa likes this.
  9. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

I never entertained clients sitting in the bowl section.
    It is difficult to entertain clients in the bowl section.
    Those seats should be filled with fans.

If you entertained clients, it was always done in one of the club boxes. My old company had box seats at the Garden. We would invite our clients and you could entertain about 18 to 20 people in the boxes. The reason you had box seats is so you can talk without being disturbed or overheard. The environment for conducting business was a-lot better since you had tables, comfortable chairs and wait staff if you needed anything. You can get there before the game starts to discuss business and stay late (within reason) after the game was over.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Wife??? When did you get married bro. Still remember the clear creek days haha

11. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I suggest we all start making a lot more money!

BigMaloe, Houstunna and Lawlruschang like this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

Exactly! If we all lived in Houston and had disposable income out the wazoo...we would take over the lower bowl.

But we don't. So we can't.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

First round exits don’t mean squat here.

The second one was immediately dwarfed by the dud of game 6.

The city isn’t crazy about this team... yet.

Lawlruschang and buffalobills!!! like this.
  14. CCorn

CCorn Member

I didn’t know I knew you. And yes, I’ve been married for just about a year.

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

It shouldn't be, but Dallas is a much better sports market.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

We have too many fake fans who don't even live in Houston and still complain...

17. JustinMohammed

JustinMohammed New Member

I will agree with you to an extent. But, in our defense, as a city, it was a MONDAY! Yes, it was Trevor Ariza bobblehead night. But can you name a star caliber player on the Spurs that played? MOST people probably just went for the bobblehead and watch us beat up on the Spurs effortlessly. The home crowd was nothing like that when we played the Celtics 3/3/18. On a Saturday night might I add. When the playoffs start, Toyota Center will be ROCKIN'!!

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Just bought a ticket to the game a month ago. I did and got my seat for $50 total. That's with all the fees. Goes to show it doesn't pay to hope on the wagon late.

19. plee

plee Member

First, having a true subway system in Houston will be VERY, VERY expensive and probably flood a lot. We have UH main and downtown campuses tied to the Metro rail now but we need to get the airports into the system as well. Was hoping the bullet train from Dallas would be tied in but it seems like they are going to the old Northwest Mall area. As messed up as the Metro rail is in some parts, just try getting it to the different neighborhoods (we don't want "people" coming into the neighborhood, etc...) even though the buses already go through and is bad for the already bad roads.

20. Progs

Progs Member

Well said and welcome back.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.