1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Journey, Yes, ELO and Pearl Jam Elected Into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Dec 21, 2016.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Proof that Steve Perry is one of the greatest vocalists ever.

2. what

what Member

He is, but today not so much

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The Journey fans have been waiting 30 years to hear Steve sing with Journey again. We wuz robbed! A magical night that wasn't.

I'm guessing Steve had his reasons but I personally think he chickened out. I suppose Journey could have said no out of obligation to the their current singer but I don't believe that. I seem to recall Schon was definitely open to the idea and possibility.

They could have done a duet or whatever on one song. It wouldn't have mattered how much Steve participated. But, he didn't. And, that was the last opportunity for it. Steve has a gifted voice. We all wanted to hear him belt out one more Journey song but we're deprived. So, f**k it!

4. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

I just assumed before seeing this thread that Yes had to have been in the HOF for a while already. Why they weren't before is a real head-scratcher. Too bad it had to happen only after Christopher Squire died, although I kinda wonder if his death is what made the HOF remember they existed. "Chris Squire died? Oh, right, those Yes guys are pretty great, we should induct them now!"

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ELO is the one band out of all of them that I care about the most. I agree that the Replacements, Pixies should have gotten in to the HOF already.

MoonBus and Torn n Frayed like this.
  6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, I wanted to hear him. I'm disappointed to not h-e-a-r him but so be it.

7. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Agree 1000%

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Man, this is a pretty rough version of Roundabout. In a strange way, it's actually very refreshing to see this. Gives all of us amateur musicians hope knowing that these world class musicians can also struggle with the same kinds of issues we do!

I don't think I've ever seen Geddy Lee play with anyone not named Lifeson, Peart or Rutsey.

VooDooPope and Torn n Frayed like this.
  10. the shark

the shark Member

Remember seeing them at the Sam Houston Colosseum on the 2nd row in the early 70's.

Awesome band!!