1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Journey, Yes, ELO and Pearl Jam Elected Into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, Dec 21, 2016.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Neal Schon has said he's open to having Steve Perry sing a few songs. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let them pull a "Van Halen" and decide to do a tour with the classic lineup. Now that Steve Smith is back, Perry is the only one missing!

And I LOVE Pearl Jam....but them not including Dave Abbruzzese is an absolute travesty. Makes me lose a lot of respect for them.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  2. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pearl Jam, Journey and Tupac.
    I wish I knew how to get tix to make that induction ceremony. Especially if Perry is able to sing.

3. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, nice to see that Eddie's ego will allow him to hold a 20+ year grudge.

4. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

Pfft. I hate the Rock and Roll HOF. Not because they shouldn't honor some of these bands, I love all these artists; It's because they consistently leave out more influential, deserving acts.

There are a few bullsh!t omissions which I've long since accepted, but let's start w/ Pearl Jam for example: This will be the second "grunge" band that is being inducted after Nirvana. If Soundgarden didn't lay the groundwork for these two bands to have the commercial success they had, no one would've have ever heard of them (Hell, they even snatched up Matt Cameron who has been their drummer since '98). Of course, other bands contributed as well, but Soundgarden had the precious commercial success that the HOF finds so alluring. But, I'm not holding my breath for Soundgarden to make it. It's all a show.

I'm not surprised they're not including Abbruzzese. Seems like that crap happens every year. It's just something else that makes the HOF so frustrating.

I'm glad Pac's getting some love though after N.W.A. made it. Maybe it's time for him to make a public appearance after all these years. ;)

Houstunna likes this.
  5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

So, does the new Journey singer get in the RRHOF with the band? Or, only Perry?

I know Rush is ecstatic about Yes being inducted as well as Pearl Jam. One member of Yes was talking about wanting Geddy Lee to give the induction speech. I guess we will see.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I was a huge Journey fan when I was younger. I can still wax nostalgic about Journey, but the critics hated, hated, hated the band; so I'm kinda surprised they got in. Glad, but surprised.

Yes made some awesome music as far as I'm concerned. It took them awhile to make it. Maybe something about prog rock rubs the voters the wrong way. I'm also glad they got in.

I would hope Steve Perry can sing with the band. When he took the stage a couple years back with some young band that worshipped him, his voice wasn't all that great; but who knows, I have my days when I sound decent and other days where I can't hit the notes. Maybe he had an "ate too much salty food for lunch" day.

#6 ROXTXIA, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  7. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Tupac made the list! This paves the way for Drake, Lil Wayne, and Kanye West......SMH

8. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

It's up to the snow
    What they couldn't get Alex Lifeson to do it?

9. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Why in the hell did, Cleveland's own, NIN get shafted again? They should have gotten in well before Green Day did, and even Pearl Jam.

RocketWalta, Torn n Frayed and Caesar like this.
  10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Not a Journey fan, but had many a hit.

Never heard of ELO

Pearl Jam had a few songs I like.

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Pearl Jam isn't responsible for which members the Hall selects to induct. It'll be interesting to see whether they come to the defense of Dave and make sure he is included, but they didn't snub him.... yet.

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Soundgarden is awesome and absolutely should be in. I like them a whole lot more than Nirvana. There are a lot of events and chance encounters that occur for great bands to end up together, certainly Soundgarden played a role in the history of both bands taking shape, but Nirvana and Pearl Jam didn't need them specifically to lay the groundwork to become big. Not when they had those songs.

RocketWalta likes this.
  13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Everybody knows ELO whether you think you do or not. Some of their songs have long been classics.

Go listen to "Don't Bring Me Down" or "Evil Woman". I'm sure there are others. You've heard them even if you haven't heard of them.

14. SuraGotMadHops

The Cars should have made it in too.

15. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Just a city boy....born and raised right here in Houston!!!!;)

16. Houstunna

Supporting Member

The White Sox theme song in 2005. The horror!!

17. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Surprisingly, "Evil Woman " was the only song I remember from their top 5 Youtube. Nice track

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Does that Filipino singer get a bust too?? Because that's a pretty nice deal for him if he does.

19. Caesar

Caesar Member

Love me some ELO

20. Nook

Nook Member

Soundgarden ripped off Mother Love Bone.