1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh McRoberts fits Adelman's system....

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Clips/Roxfan, May 25, 2007.

1. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Good passer that's been compared to a poor man's Chris Webber. Play him alongside Yao similar to a Vlade and Webber playmaking Center/Power Forward tandem.....

2. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

In spite of his questionable last season with Duke it is hard to believe he will be available by the 26th pick. Certainly the Nets need help at the 4 with Nachbar playing too many minutes there. If he somehow gets past them he may drop past the Warriors and Lakers but I expect Heat would take him as a backup to Haslem and a future starter. And if by some miracle he makes it past the Heat, 76ers, Bobcats, Knicks, surely the suns will gobble him up. Especially considering SA showed them they need some size to compete. So unless the Rockets can move up they won't be so lucky. But then again crazier luck has come our way.

3. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

I have not watched enough of McRoberts to formulate an accurate opinion. But...he is the type of player that ought to be very intruiging to an Adelman coached team.

Maggette is not a happy camper in Clipperland and IIRC it's mutual...plus he's redundant to Mobley...Battier + Head + 26 for Maggette and the rights to McRoberts?

Maggette's health is a concern but he does move McGrady back to SF.

EDIT: Not sure of the "knucklehead" factor or if the Clipps would do it...but Cuttino did play for Adelman in SAC and also works capwise in the above.

#3 GATER, May 25, 2007
    Last edited: May 25, 2007
  4. Sextuple Double

I said this in another thread:

We fall within that 23-26 range. I hate to say it, but it looks like we might be taking Josh McRoberts. I'm not sold on him whatsoever. He has good high post skills(can pass, handle, good court vision for big man), which is very suitable for Rick Adelman. I have seen at least 25 Duke games this year. That kid is as soft as a melted marshmallow. No toughness at all, and whines more than Duncan. He's by far the softest player I have ever seen play basketball. He beats Vince Carter by solar systems.

5. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

By soft... what do you mean? Can you give an example?

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I'd take him if he was there but I think his weight is somewhat of an area of concern. This is coming from somebody who's seen him play back to his junior year of high school and he's progressively gotten fatter/chunkier each year i've seen him play.

As for these Chris Webber comparisons? Maybe the homeless crackhead's poor man's C-Webb. Webber may be a lot of things but in his prime he used to be one of the best players in the league. I don't think McRoberts has even half of that potential.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He also fits DaDakota's system of being a white guy from Duke.

8. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I've never been impressed with him. Everytime I watched him, I kept waiting for him to do something that justifies the hype and I just didn't see it. Not a big fan of a player who loses value every year that he is in college. See that sf from Maryland a few years back (name escapes me) that the Rockets picked up and turned out to be nothing.

9. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

Mcroberts is still very young. I think his game will compliment yao's. I think his game is more suited for the nba game rather than the college game.

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Terence Morris

11. ak47

ak47 Member

McRoberts is not athletic, we need athletisicm in our front court. Looking into the second round I would look at Sean Williams. I know he has off the court issues, but he can block shots, rebound, and is very athletic. He is from Houston. Here is his profile. http://nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/seanwilliams.html

This guy would a PERFECT fit for the Rockets. Stephane Lasme he played at the University of Massachusstes. He runs the floor well and is an amazing athelete. He also can rebound very well. He could be a steal in the second round, in my opinion. He reminds of a more athletic Paul Millsap. I would love to see him on the Rockets. Here is his profile, http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/stephanelasme.html.

12. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

Thanks baller.

13. Sextuple Double

He doesn't take over, get's completely owned by guys like Tyler Hansbrough, flops all the time, whines for every call. Talent wise, the guy is supposed to be far, far better than he is. He has all the tools to be a great asset, but he rarely utilizes them. You'll see a flash here and there.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nbadraft/draft/tracker/player?playerId=18854&draftyear=2007

14. crooklyn3

crooklyn3 Member

He'll fit right in then.

15. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

If he is there at #26 it would be a no brainer pick for the rockets. He is extremely athletic for his size and he has a very high basketball IQ. I dought he will fall to #26 though.

16. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

McRoberts is very athletic for his size. I hate to play the highlight video card, but here it is...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D-9-VJNbnEE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D-9-VJNbnEE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hey come on now, Battier is only half white.

;)

McRoberts would be interesting though, he does kind of look like a young Robert Horry when he attacks the basket.

Can he shoot from the perimeter?

DD

#17 DaDakota, May 25, 2007
    Last edited: May 25, 2007
  18. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Yes DD, he can shoot from the perimeter. I just don't think he will be there when the rockets pick at #26.

19. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Thanks a lot

20. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Thanks a lot. If he is more Keith Van Horn type guy, then he is not going to help much...