1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Josh Innes SR610AM: "ClutchFans hate me!"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dram1, Dec 21, 2011.

1. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Josh Innes' return to Houston radio to replace longtime afternoon drive host Charlie Pallilo didn't move the needle during his first monthly ratings book from Nielsen Audio.

Innes' afternoon show recorded a 1.4 percent audience share among men 25-54, down from 2.3 for Pallilo's final full ratings book on the air. KILT (610 AM) led among sports stations with a 4.4 share, down a tenth of a point, while the Fred Faour/A.J. Hoffman show on KFNC ((7.5 FM) held steady at 2.7.

The November book covered Oct. 6 through Nov. 2; Innes' first day on the air was Oct. 10.​

http://www.chron.com/sports/article...m-Charlie-Pallilo-10633113.php#photo-11296510

BigMaloe, Nook, Richie_Rich and 3 others like this.
  3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

That is a 40% ratings drop. I hope Chris Gordie or whoever hired him gets fired too.

LAM likes this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I always get excited when I see this thread bumped. Soon...

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  5. Remix

Remix Member

Josh Innes is terrible? Who would of thought....790 really dropped the ball by hiring him. Still don't understand why it even happened in the first place

6. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

I totally agree with u. He is a big chump

7. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

They paid for it, Jim Mudd and Innes, they used cash money to get in there. Plain and simple.

8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Still haven't listened and won't. Ratings suggest the people have spoken. Love it.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Innes was most entertaining at the beginning because Pallilo was the main topic. It's been downhill since.

Listened to more 610, but realized why I mostly stopped.

Houston sports radio sucks.

LAM likes this.
  10. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Between hiring this moron and their signal going to crap in the evening so I can't hear the rockets broadcast (How do you even get that contract with this signal!?!?) I'm officially a 97.5 guy

11. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I'm proud of my fellow Houstonians for tuning out this racist asshat. Keep it up, and this piece of garbage will soon be cleared from the airwaves. (I'm not saying any replacement would be great, but there's literally nowhere to go but up from Anus.)

Somewhere, Charlie is chuckling, I'm sure.

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, the low ratings will likely force a desperate Anus to go bigger, bolder, louder, dumber, and more racist in order to stand out in this market. And that just moves up the timetable for him to eventually slip up and go out in a blazing fireball of stupid.

#711 VesceySux, Nov 24, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Anybody notice 790 went completely negative on the Texans right around the arrival of Innes. I'm not saying he caused it, but damn, I don't see how everyone on a station can go SO negative on a sports team at the exact same time. I'm also not saying the Texans don't deserve to be spoken down upon, but for a station full of people who were more moderate or maybe slightly positive on a team to simultaneously go negative on them is a bit odd. It's gotten to the point there's really no show on there I can listen to without wanting to immediately turn it off. Maybe I'm overthinking it. :)

13. MystikArkitect

He had two racial tirades in Philly before getting canned and had another one here. Between him and Clanton I don't understand how 790 blew up Big Show/Trenches/Matt Thomas/Charlie for this dreadful lineup.

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Sean Jones and Braddock were already negative. Innes debuted right after the TNF debacle.

Call it a perfect storm.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Fired yet? Let me know when it's done.

16. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Very happy to see the ratings are down. The only show worth a damn is Mad Radio. I really hope Charlie gets a shot somewhere.

Vanilla Thunder likes this.
  17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Time to bring back Rock 101.1 KLOL

wouldabeen23, Nook and LonghornFan like this.
  18. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i'm sure his ratings will improve a little once he settles in but HAHAHAHAHA

i haven't listened to 790, except for a little rockets pbp, since they let charlie go

19. Buck Turgidson

20. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I think people should post their age and race when commenting on this post. I can see why middle age white guys wouldn't like him but he is there for the millennial dollar. Having said that, I don't know how many millennials are in their advertising demographic. The problem with Josh is that he doesn't have a true fan base. He ostracizes everyone. With shock jocks they build their fan base based on a music format, but sports is so subjective that it's hard to find a thru line so all that's left is the personality.