1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Josh Innes SR610AM: "ClutchFans hate me!"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dram1, Dec 21, 2011.

1. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Concur with this, the big three is kinda disappointing. Too much going on. Matt Thomas and his mood music are awesome.

Charlie Palilo is just as straight forward and he knows his stuff. Yeah they dont talk rockets/texans all the time but they do talk interesting stuff.

Josh Innes is pretty annoying. But I do tune in occassionally to listen to texans talk.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I love it when Rich Lord, whom I have little, if any, love for either, gets fed up with Josh's constant sophmoric routine and blasts him on air. Happens about once a month. Lord may be a blowhard, but he does take his job seriously and obvious can't stand how unprofessional Innes is.

And as an aside, I want Lance Z off of the morning show. I listened to 790 in the AM for Matt Jackson almost exclusively, now Lance barely lets him talk anymore, it sucks. And yes, Jerome Solomon needs to switch to radio fulltime.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

To Josh Innes

I would like you to know that I have no idea who you are. This is the first time I've heard your name.

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Matt thomas with his whole mood music major market radio shtick is kind of weak. Mainly I get annoyed by the fact that other than the Texans he doesn't really follow sports. Supposedly he covers the Astros yet I doubt he knows anything about their opponents or even their minor leagues. And I don't think he ever mentions the rockets or even know who is on their team.

5. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

Did anyone else laugh when they read this reply? Awesome.

6. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

his job is done.

7. opticon

opticon Member

Sean and john helped me survive my death march home from tomball to sugar land every day for over a year.

For that I will always be grateful

8. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

I'm very surprised at the number of posters on here that don't know who Innes is. If you've listened to 610 AT ALL in the last 5-6 months, you know who he is. He's the annoying guy telling sophmoric "pee pee" jokes every 5 minutes on the air and everything revolves around some sort of sexual topic. Lord is an idiot make no mistake, but Innes makes it worse.

9. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

Didn't Innes get fired for arguing with Lord a couple of months ago?

10. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

I cant stand the guy. He is an attention w****, big time. Its fun to mess with him on Twitter. You can say the least little thing about him and he gets all butt hurt. He always talks smack about people, but then when something derogatory is said about him, he pulls the "why do you not like me, its so unfair" card.

He's trash.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Considering this thread is about something he said on air yesterday -- I'd have to go with no.

12. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Watch I can do that too:

"Kareem Jackson is the starting CB of the #1 defense in the NFL" :rolleyes:

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

EXACTLY

14. NUMBER1HR

NUMBER1HR Member

I'm kind of shocked that so many people enjoy listening to Charlie Palilo. It's hard for me to listen to that guy. I remember how bad it was back when he was on 610 and Lord's co-host. HORRIBLE Radio, and even so, I'd take that over this dumbass J & R show.

I'll bet that if 610 was not the flagship station of the Houston Texans, they'd be at the bottom of the Arbitron ratings due to the annoying on-air persoinalities they have.

I enjoyed John and Lance because they were a lot like me and my buddies. Sit around talk about BS, sports, argue and make fun of each other.

15. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Listening to Josh Innes is like someone taking a crap in your ear.

16. Bellaire Brody

FACT CHECK!

The bolded part above intrigued me.

Who can guess the number one radio station in Houston, according to those ratings?

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

AM610 would be dead in the water and completely irrelevant without the Texans. The Texans are that station's life support.

18. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Charlie is great b/c he sticks to sports. And he knows his stuff. I really wonder how much knowledge alot of people on the air have. I remember a few weeks ago on 610 one host was stumped on whom the real good running back the colts had a few years ago..Somebody texted in Edgerian James....Really? how do you forget him in 5 years?

One thing alot of the hosts do these days is hate on all sports non-football which is annoying.. I remember J/R bragged about not caring about the World Series etc... Really your going to be in sports radio and not even care about the World Series?

1 person likes this.
  19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Love listening to their show from 2-4:00 wheni have some time.

20. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Apparently the radio producers care. Innes contract wasn't renewed. Thank Christ.