1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jose Altuve named 2017 AL MVP!

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by J.R., Nov 16, 2017.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

If Correa, Bregman, Springer, Gonzalez, McCann, Reddick, and Gurriel can win the next 7 MVP awards, that will never have been done before. One down.

#61 PhiSlammaJamma, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    MadMax, the shark and conquistador#11 like this.
  2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

They probably had hats ready to go at each site. Just like they had Astros World Series gear and LA World Series gear at game 7. No controversy.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Never in a million years could have dreamed this man would turn out this damn good. I remember the first time he got attention hitting everything down in Lexington, and have had the chance to follow his entire development. Crazy to think we debuted him and JD Martinez on the same day.

Hopefully we can get this contract worked out so we can watch this whole legendary career unfold.

4. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

Congrats Jose Altuve!!!

5. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Way to go JA!
    You deserved this.
    Props to Judge also for a great year and being a class act about it.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

This!

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Jose Altuve is the only player in MLB history with 1,200 hits, 75 HR and 200 SB in his first 7 seasons. Only...one...ever....

JeeberD and msn like this.
  10. AUstrofan

AUstrofan Member

I went through a number of years after the strike and the 'roids era not wanting to give baseball another chance, and when I got back into the game it was watching Altuve...and I remembered why I loved this sport to begin with. The guy is just pure hustle. He isn't a mammoth athlete like Judge, but he gives everything on every play, loves the game, loves his team and now he's getting rewarded. It's a wonderful thing to see and he's as good a role model as there is in sports right now. What 5'6 kid can ever hope to seriously play football or basketball at a high level? But Altuve shows if you work hard enough and give enough, you can be the best.

Congrats 'tuve! You definitely earned it.

Harrisment and RunninRaven like this.
  11. HTM

HTM Member

“I wuld juice lik 2 thankx gawd”

12. SemisolidSnake

I am absolutely going to spend a couple days in Cooperstown this year, hopefully over Christmas. I was there when Biggio's HOF display was up, so I already had intentions to go see Bagwell's, but, holy crap, there's SO MUCH Astros awesomeness this year. If you've never been, this should be your pilgrimage year.

And, absolutely, Altuve and Hakeem are one and the same. We REALLY need a picture of them together. Standing.

13. SemisolidSnake

See, there you go. I've always said we shouldn't give Judge any crap, and I cringed when the Houston crowd was booing when he'd get up to bat. Give all the media and fans overhyping him for this award as much crap as you want. I always said Judge was probably over the moon with how he did this season as a rookie and probably would be thrilled to see Altuve win MVP. Kid's got a hopefully great future ahead of him, but that doesn't mean any number of our guys are gonna make winning MVP easy for him in future years. Should be fun to watch.

Jake Tower likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

you're booing an opposing player in the playoffs. not sure whats wrong with that

15. SemisolidSnake

AlWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVe!!!

Is there a breakdown somewhere of who voted for whom?

16. Buck Turgidson

Pretty much this. Nobody in baseball has a bad thing to say about Judge, by all accounts he's a great guy.

Much deserved for Altuve. So cool. Now it's Correa's turn next year.

17. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

18. SemisolidSnake

I dunno. To me, it seemed like it was excessive. Clearly, the media had stoked this Judge vs. Altuve narrative for that series. I said back in the game thread that it felt more like the crowd was booing the media for so heavily pushing the idea of Judge compared to Altuve rather than Judge himself.

I'm also just not big into booing opposing players, period, unless they're assholes, and Judge doesn't seem like that all.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

i guess to each its own then. i dont have a problem booing opposing players. thats part of the game. obviously theres lines you dont cross when it comes to competition but booing is fair game to me.

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Booing an opposing player is generally a sign of respect.