1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jordan on Howard /a bit off topic

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocket River, Mar 23, 2000.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Jordan said the Wizards' Juwan Howard, another who entered the league amid extremely high expectations, works hard and can be a winner. But Jordan insists Howard makes too much money.

"He's not a franchise player, although he's paid like one," Jordan said

From sportingnews.com
    Comments?

How Many people can we say that about?????
    I know he's Jordan but d*mn . . . Is this
    good thing to be putting out there about one
    of your stars? How does this foster Confidence?

Rocket River

------------------

2. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Almost everybody with more than a passing knowledge of the NBA knows that J Howard is overpaid. Why didn't Jordan come out and say this when he was still playing instead of now when he is Howard's boss?

There were numerous reports that Wahington was trying to move Howard before the trade deadline. Salesmen don't survive by being negative about the product they are trying to peddle.

Mango

------------------
    It could be worse ....... you could have been born a Jazz fan!!!!

[This message has been edited by Mango (edited March 24, 2000).]

3. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

It may be a bad sales job, but it is the truth.

------------------

4. Mango

Jordan was able to smile when he was out pushing hot dogs and other things. Seems like he would have gotten the idea after making millions from all of the commercials.

Mango

------------------

5. PhiSlammaJamma

The truth is only good if it inspires someone, but I don't see that here, I don't see Juwan gaining any inspiration from what was said. I think Jordan took a cheap shot at a player he should have been supporting. A trade is the only way out of this. Maybe he could try some of bobby knight's "crap" too. The Wizards have some talent, but it's time for an overhaul if you ask me. They could easily trade Howard, Strickland, and Richmond for some quality picks.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

6. Mango

Easier said than done.

They could only be traded for picks to teams with plenty of caproom available. Chicago is one of those teams and Krause won't do Jordan any favors.

Mango

------------------

7. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Maybe Jordan is mad cuz he wants to sign his good ol buddy "Hare" Jordan, but the ugly MON-Star Juwon has hogged up all the cap room.

------------------
    Not only am I president of the WaltWizFanClub, I'm also the member.

Oh yeah, and Houston Rocks,RM95, and Shanna.