1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jordan Clarkson 2018 has the worst playoff stats in NBA history

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by KingLeoric, Jun 10, 2018.

1. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Just saw this on Reddit.

2018 Jordan Clarkson had a historical post season, with stats never seen before in the history of the NBA.

Per game: 15 mins, 4.7 pts, 1.7 reb, 0.7 ast

Shooting: 30.1% FG, 23.9% 3PTFG, 83.3 % FT

Advanced: 3.2 PER, 35.8% TS, WS -0.7, WS/48 -0.116

WS or WS/48 wise it is worst in NBA playoff history.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Cavs traded their 2018 1st round pick for Clarkson and Nance. Brutal.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Well, to be fair I think most people who watch closely knew Clarkson wasn't a good player, he's always reminded me a lot of Lin.

Nance is a decent player, he alone is close enough for the value of a late 1st. As the league continues to downsize, he should be more playable in his true position as a center.

xaos likes this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I like Nance. Nance for a 1st is fine. But Clarkson is a net negative. LA should have paid the price of Nance to get off Clarkson's contract.

5. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

There’s no way it could’ve been worse than Luther Head’s

Madeinchin4 likes this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

GM lebron was just thinking ahead, getting this trash off the fakers before he goes there himself?

rocketman12 likes this.
  7. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Yet lebron proclaimed "this is a squad" a couple games after the trade. He needs to stop playing gm and let morey run the show

TheRealist137 likes this.
  8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

he would be a solid fit at C for the rockets for his ability to defend guards on the perimeter and finish lobs at the rim.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What really made that trade so great for the Lakers and deadly for the Cavs is Clarkson has 2 more years left on his contract for $26 million. IT is expiring.

In his 3 years, Nance has proven to be mediocre at best. He's not worth a late 1st rounder IMO.

Lastly, considering how it sets up the Lakers to sign LeBron and another max free agent, the whole thing was such a gift horse to the Lakers that the Cavs should be ashamed of themselves.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I agree it was a good deal for the Lakers, but the Cavs will be a rebuilding team, Clarksons contract isn't that bad, he's a okay space filler for a non playoff team.

Nance has some special talents, he could still develop into a nice player as a late bloomer. He's a good finisher, good rebounder, big enough to play C but most importantly quick and agile enough to guard the perimeter. Nance is a good defender, he averages close to 2 steals and 1 block per 36 on his career, that's a very high steal rate for a big. I think he has value, not as down on him as you are. I agree that Cavs could have done better, but I think they got a solid piece for the future inc Nance.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The 25 year-old Nance better demonstrate these "special talents" in a breakout 4th season or he's a borderline scrub, not a late bloomer. At this point in his career, it's about production not potential.

I see your point about the Cavs, but they made it even easier for the Lakers to sign LeBron this summer and Clarkson's insane contract is another reason he cannot remain with them.

red5rocket likes this.
  12. BackdoorHarden

2 more years of Clarkson and George Hill.

OUCH.

Those 2 will be the reason why LBJ goes to Rockets. No hope

Clarkson, Hill, TTBOY THOMPSON,JR SMITH, KORVER, etcc....that team have so many overpaid players it's not even funny

13. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I remember when LeBron called him "Jordan Crawford" after the first game against Boston.