1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Johnny Manziel enters treatment

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by sugrlndkid, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Buck Turgidson

I've heard everything from the Kerrville people. It really is kind of sad, but there's nobody to blame but yourself, unless you just don't have to or want to care, which is what I see in him now.

2. Victorious

Victorious Member

This is what happens when you get an entitled kid plus alcohol. Alcohol is so accepted in society so what did people expect? Its so cool to drink and party! You can't even celebrate something without alcohol there. Its very normal. In fact, some may look down on you for not drinking with them. Our culture created a monster and that monster is Johnny Football.

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Johnny Manziel created the monster Johnny Manziel.

4. Buck Turgidson

I'm trying to think of another comparable athlete who chose the nightlife over the sport...Hollywood Henderson maybe?

5. Newlin

Newlin Member

I have some sympathy for him, because I've known people in my life that were just out of control due to substance abuse or mental problems. They weren't bad people, but you just couldn't get through to them.

I agree that it looks like he won't get any more chances in the NFL.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Johnny grew up in affluence and had every single opportunity to succeed in life and he chose to screw it up. It's not like Johnny grew up in a poverty-stricken environment with no parenting. There are a lot of guys in jail who I have more sympathy for than Johnny 8-ball.

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

I have a lot more sympathy for other people also. But, wealthy people can suffer from some of the same things that poor people do. Johnny has had a much easier road in life than most people. But that doesn't mean he is exempt from some of the demons that can wreck a persons life.

I think as you grow older and live a little more, I believe some of your opinions will change.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Zero sympathy for the guy. I've heard enough douche bag stories about him around town for me to have any kind of sympathy. I'd love to party with the guy, but he deserves anything coming to him. It's all his fault.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Nike just terminated their contract with Johnny

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The big-time money will run out eventually... then maybe he'll start getting serious (doubtful).

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

He's going to be broke in no time, and he'll end up in prison on drug charges.

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Its absolutely some kind of mental condition to NEED to party so much.

Me I'll go to a bar 3-4 days a week after work and a late night spot 1-2 days in the weekend. Thats a lot of outings but it doesnt do anything to mess up my job. After just 1-2 LIGHT drinks and appetizer I just want to go home and sleep lol, even that many times out feels excessive and draining like some party monster.

It must take an insane volumous non-stop amount of partying and dedicated party obsession to destroy an NFL career, to just want to do THAT and nothing else. Treating partying like its all day full time job with overtime all on its own. Partying is cool but its not THAT rewarding

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/21/jonathan-manziel-finally-hits-the-gym-kidding-he-partied-again/

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Are we sure he's not being paid to show up to clubs at this point? Common & lucrative. It's not like he has a job.

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Is that the latest aggie excuse?

16. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

#BREAKING Sources: Johnny Manziel indicted by Dallas Co. grand jury. cbsloc.al/1Qwgsyv?cid=tw… pic.twitter.com/0mzqHaTk5L

17. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Oh noes, they're gonna cage the pocket squirrel.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Bruh, I don't give a **** about him, lol.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bond has been set for Johnny Manziel at $1,500. Bond conditions no contact with victim and no guns. He will have to now turn himself in.</p>&mdash; Rebecca Lopez (@rlopezwfaa) <a href="https://twitter.com/rlopezwfaa/status/725362267357745152">April 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

What are the chances Manziel pays the bond and does some antic to mock it later that night?