1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Johnny Flynn/Terrence Williams Cut from Pistons

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by arjun, Oct 22, 2012.

1. arjun

arjun Member

Hasheem Thabeet is next.

Jordan Hill may stick around.

2. conquistador#11

"What am I supposed to do with him?"
    the fuhrer on williams or thabeet maybe both.

3. da_juice

da_juice Member

Hasheem is a lost cause. If three organizations couldn't turn him around, I think he's done. Hill on the other hand has a future in the NBA. He won't start because he's inconsistent, but he'll be a solid bench guy/journeyman.

4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

OP has a quote stating they were lotto picks in 2011. I am pretty sure they were 09ers

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

And people here were b****ing about Williams being in the dog house...

goes to show no matter how much "potential" you have, you will never be successful in the league unless you are willing to listen to your coach.

6. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

Green is Pierce's backup. I'd say he should go to the Thunder to backup Durant....

7. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

I agree.

-Kirk Snyder

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Dammit, I just know this is somehow Rick Adelman's fault.

9. eman

eman Contributing Member

Release the Kraken.

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Oh, they released the Kraken alright.

2 people like this.
  11. kovacs242

kovacs242 Member

Rec'd

For a thousand times yes. Seeing the T-Will crowd on here was a sobering experience about average human intelligence.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

i was joking about the tweet he made saying he'd be interested in being Pierce's backup for Boston, which turned into some rumor news that Boston was actually considering it. coachbadlee several times referred to TWill has proof that contenders want our 09ers, as if it has already happened.

lol

1 person likes this.
  13. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Jordan Hill isn't a locker room problem at least. He's big and he can rebound so he'll stick around in the league for a while.

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Jordan Hill doesn't seem to have basketball playing passion... That's just the impression that I get. Good thing he's a tall dude.

Didn't Glen_Rice say Johnny Flynn was good or better? Yeah...

15. jbasket

jbasket Member

Or how about hasheem, jordan hill, and greg smith holding down the center position? :grin:

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That '09 lottery class is so damn depressing. To think that we once had 4 of them is beyond funny.

17. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Uh...we had 4 of them BECAUSE it was a depressing lottey class. The Rockets were just taking flyers on high potential guys with a well below 50% chance of being worthy of their original draft slot.

Hasheem Thabeet (#2 pick): Was actually the COST of acquiring a future first rounder for Battier.

Jonny Flynn (#6 pick): Was acquired for Brad Miller's corpse in bid to move up to take Motiejunas.

Jordan Hill (#8 pick): Was a throw-in in a trade to acquire Kevin Martin and draft picks.

Terrence Williams (#11 pick): The only one of the lot the Rockets actually gave anything of value to specifically acquire (a future lottery-protected first rounder).

Let's not pretend that the Rockets somehow had these selections in the 2009 NBA Draft and picked these guys.

1 person likes this.
  18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I still can't believe that some people ever thought T-Will was ever going to become a good player in this league.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thuglife,

there's some poster on the GARM who loves these guys like they were some dream team.

1 person likes this.
  20. carayip

carayip Member

Draft positions and what some mock drafts or Chad Ford wrote for you are everything, bro.

If one was drafted high and then sucked, people would always think he has potential but blame it on lack of opportunity or coaching or work ethic. And everyone thinks their team has magical power to tap that untapped potential.

If one was drafted low or undrafted and then sucked, people would think he is untalented to begin with.

Reality is 90% of draft busts are untalented to being with no matter what their draft positions are. The other 10% are due to injury.