1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Wick: An Idiot Killed His Puppy and Now Everyone Must Die

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ghettocheeze, Oct 25, 2014.

1. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2014/10/john-wick-an-idiot-killed-his-puppy-and-now-everyone-must-die/381921/

The title sums up the awesomeness of this movie. Keanu is back. After watching it last night, I felt it would become an instant classic - a movie that a decade from now I'll still watch whenever it's on while TV surfing. This is action done right. Everything is choreographed with stunning efficiency. Keanu turns headshots into an art form. There are several moments where you simply jump up in your seat because of the ruthless murder rampage Keanu delivers on screen. Plus, I love that the director chose to let his action play out on a handful of master shots and not resort to shaky cam quick cuts that have became the norm of the genre. Overall, if you love great action and gunfights with a pulpy comic book story and world feeling, then this film is definitely for you.

2. NateNate

NateNate Member

Thanks. I was debating on seeing a movie tonight and this was definitely an option.

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I admit I had no desire to watch this but will definitely give it a shot when it is released on video.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I want to see this but the wife insisted on The Book of Life. Next weekend maybe!

5. Progs

Progs Member

This was badass!!!

6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Enjoyed the movie! Definitely a must watch if you like action/shooters

7. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

High ranks on rotten tomato for an action flick... hmm

8. conquistador#11

a couple of totally bogus dude movies and keanu gets a reputation that he has never been able to shake off. The same with tom cruise. these two, one a weirdo, seem to be under appreciated in their profession. they entertain me more times than not.

will definitely watch this. =)

9. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

this movie was legit. equalizer and the raid combination movie.

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

So this is like that Gibson movie where I learned about William Devane.

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It was enjoyable but I didn't like it as much as The Equalizer. The fight scenes were more polished (lots of BJJ moves) but the flow of the movie wasn't nearly as good.

12. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member