1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Wall is the next superstar PG!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by t_mac1, Oct 20, 2011.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

So I made the same thread about Derrick Rose last year before the season started, b/c he worked on his jumper and 3pt shot.

Well, John Wall is doing the same this offseaosn.

John Wall: I didn’t have to shoot jumpshots when I was in high school; I just ran past everybody and just dunked and did whatever. So this whole summer that’s all I’m working on is my jumpshot. I wanna take the next step to being a superstar, to be an All-Star, that’s my goal this year, so I’m working on my jumpshot and everything else….

Question (Audience): So you’ve been working on your jumper. Do you try to hit a certain amount everyday?

John Wall: I have to make 2,000 a day.

This guy is arguably just as, if not more, athletic than Rose. He has a willingness to play defense as a rookie. And he already recognizes his weakness and already working hard at it.

Look for him to make a huge jump next year (if there is a season).

The PG position gets more loaded every year.

Thoughts?

2. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Have to admit, I laughed.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I expect Wall to make a huge jump next season for sure. Whether he can become as good as Rose remains to be seen. If he has the same maniacal dedication to basketball that Rose, KD, Westbrook, Griffin, etc have, no telling how high his ceiling is. The more superstars, the better. I hope John Wall joins that group.

I've been watching the NBA for 35+ years. Despite how many people reminisce about the 70s/80s/90s, we are in a golden age for NBA basketball right now.

4. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Except for, you know, the potential lack of a season.

Damn it...

5. SPF35

SPF35 Member

John Wall: next superstar.. you heard it here from this guy first folks....not

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Well he is the first pick of the draft and nobody has a higher chance of being a superstar than the first pick so.....yeah chances are in favor of him being a superstar.

7. t_mac1

It's not "if" Wall will be a superstar or not. He WILL be a superstar.

8. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

2,000 jumpshots a day is no joke, that's some serious dedication to improve.

9. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

John Wall: Just as athletic than Derrick Rose

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Considering 6 out of 9 players (so far) drafted first in the last years ended up becoming all-stars, yeah I don't doubt that he will become one.

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Last 10 years not including the previous year*

12. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

what are the winning lotto numbers for tomorrow?

13. t_mac1

I think superstar is a level above all-star. I think Wall will turn around that Washington franchise just like Derrick Rose has done with Chicago. Wall already took over the leadership position last year down the stretch when he yelled at his teammates for lack of defense in a post-game interview. Rose didn't really become the leader of the Bulls until year 3.

In 2-3 years, it's going to be a nasty rivalry between Rose and Wall in the East. Can't wait.

Saying John Wall WILL be a superstar isn't something that's hard.

14. Asian Sensation

Can't have a John Wall thread without a Dougie video on the first page

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pBD0093jEvI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Well, if you want a level above all-star, then 5 out of 9 players in the last 10 years excluding the previous year ended up on the all-nba team. One of them is Blake Griffin who is a soon to be on an all-nba team.

So yeah quite a safe and logical bet to call John Wall an upcoming superstar, I'd go with it too.

16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

The next presiden WILL most definitely not be black!!!

17. t_mac1

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5F_zRBsC5BY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5F_zRBsC5BY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

18. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

That was the point, I was being sarcastic.

19. MD_in_Training

At what? As far as pure athleticism goes, Westbrook, Rose, and Wall are all around the same level. Any differences are negligible, really.

20. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I did not see the same athleticism from Wall last year that I saw in Rose.

But of course an And1 mixtape where guys are clowning around shows otherwise.