1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Wall finds out his deceased Dad Committed murder from a reporter

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Shaud, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/19/AR2010061902948_5.html?sid=ST2010062003141

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That's some BS by that reporter. He's just a kid

4. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

It sort of pissed me off that they told him that way. I'm also surprised none of the Lexington media dug it up (I'm looking at You Jerry Tipton)

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The article worth the read. Thanks.

It's too early to tell, but I might have to start reading Washington Post sports section on a regular basis again. I stopped when Gilbert got injured a couple of years ago.

6. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I don't know much about wall. He loves and respects his Dad that is admirable but if I was a GM I would want to know that about his father.

It's one thing to kill another man in a brawl. In my youth I had a temper and I know if I had a gun there are a few people I would have wanted to shoot. We go through that and fortunately most of us would never allow it to get that far. But I can understand it and even say for the right man it's atoneable.

But shooting a young woman in the head after an argument is evil. There are so many levels you have to go through before choosing a gun. Scream back, push her away, kick her away, slap her, hit her with a pillow, back hand her, punch her in the stomach, knock her out, etc... I am not condoning any of these. All are wrong. The only right thing to do is walk away. I am just saying the degree of evil youhave to get to pull a gun out and pop some young girl you know in the head is way beyond all i mentioned. And that is his father. It doesn't mean he is anything like his father but it doesn't mean he isn't. No wonder the Wizards don't want Arenas around him.

As for the reporter saying something... that's his job. Reporters have done much worse and this is news. Plus Wall will be making millions playing a game. That makes him open season. He better get use to it. He loves his father but some poor family love there dead daughter that his father murdered. maybe one day he can make some kind of amends for the evil his father committed to that families young living daughter. If he loves his father the way he says it might bring some closure on that ugly part.

7. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Like father, like son. He has a killer instinct.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

We don't have to define ourselves by the disposition we are born into.

John Wall has gone through the fire and come out intact. That will only make him stronger. He is going to be a great player and a great person. You can tell from his interviews, he knows what he is about.

He has a drive to perservere that I haven't seen since Kobe.

9. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

That reporter should have gotten his ass whooped.

10. izeroi

izeroi Member

Better not let arenas read this. Hide the guns!

11. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Agreed! What right have we got to judge John Wall, let alone based on what his Dad did that he never knew ...

12. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Too far.

13. bellclare1

bellclare1 Member

Sad thing that happened but Wall owes that girls family nothing. He wasn't even born I mean come on, the man went to jail. Plus we don't know all the details. True I do agree that a team should know everything about whatever player they are drafting, but I honestly believe if Wall did it hisself when he was youger that they would still pick him #1 that's just how it goes...

14. dropshot001

dropshot001 Member

that sucks. that reporter shouldn't be allowed to interview athletes anymore after this one.

15. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

He took a gun and pointed it to a womans head and capped her. What more details do you wwant. Come on let's not be stupid here. Of course Wall doesn't legally owe that family anything. And he doesn't have to lift a finger to pay a cent to them. But that is his father who loves so much.

Growing up my father use to come home drunk. Several times he came home with very serious stab wounds.

I remember waking up one night to the sound of banging on the door. My Dad had blood coming out the side of the head. I opened the door and my dad had blood all over his hands. My mom came to the door and screamed and said what happen. My dad answered. "I killed the ****er". My Mom called my Uncle and they took my dad to the hospital. I never heard who my father murdered or if he really did. He never mentioned that night again.

Several years later when I was 18 my father died. I always wondered what really happen that night. It's still a mystery to me. My Dad was a bit of a nut but I loved him. If I had found out later in life that he had murdered some innocent kid I would feel bad for the kid. If it was a young woman I would feel even worse. Sure it is not my fault. I didn't stab anyone. But my dad is my family. I do love him and I would carry the guilt of his actions on my shoulders. I don't know for sure what I would do but a part me thinks I would at least want to say I am sorry for what my father did.

Like I said I don't know wall but his reaction sounded right. He said he didn't know his mother never told him and kept quiet. I have to believe he felt sad about it. Perhaps he felt some shame. He loves his Dad. His Dad is a part of his family and making amends for his fathers action is not his responsibility. Is not an obligation he has to do. But if he did it. It just might take a burden off his shoulders that certainly has to be something he is thinking about. I know 40 years later I still think about the day I a young kid opened the door for my bloody father.

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

The Wizards don't want Arenas around him because they are building the franchise around him. I can guarantee it has nothing to do with John Wall's father past.