1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between the Knicks and Pacers in Indiana. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

John Simon

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Stoli, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Stoli

Stoli Member

Why not keep him? You will be missed, John Simon.

2. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

They like Brennan Scarlett who filled in when Simon was out for several games at the end of the season. And they probably want Clowney, Mercilus, and Watt on the field at the same time more often than not. I'm sure Simon wants to be a full-time guy.

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

4. Stoli

Stoli Member

Simon is way better than Scarlett. The money he got seems reasonable. I guess playing time could be an issue.

5. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

I wouldn't say way better. I didn't notice much of a drop off when Scarlett took over his role. Simon is certainly solid starter material though.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Scarlett is going to make us forget Simon quickly.