1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John McCain blames Republicans for Govt. Shutdown on Fox News Interview

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RedRedemption, Oct 11, 2013.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0dQfV-0R4ZY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/mccain-to-fox-news-no-the-shutdown-is-the-gop-s-fault-video

Now don't get this twisted. He hasn't changed parties and is now rallying for Obamacare to be supported. He just makes a realistic statement that govt. shutdown to accomplish an impossible and stupid goal is the fault of the GOP.

Thank you McCain.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I feel bad for McCain. I didn't think I'd feel sorry for him during his Senate career but I do. His anguish all comes from the fact that he doesn't spit on reality and deny actual facts. That's a horrible situation to be in for anyone.

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

McCain actually cares about his country more than his party unlike the other nutjob republicans. I would have voted for him, if he didn't choose a total r****d for a runningmate.

1 person likes this.
  4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

This is one of those things where McCain has his own agenda but is correct on the facts as well.

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I think the RNC is waiting for a strong enough pol in AZ to justify pulling McCain's funding, or for his age to become enough of an issue.

6. Raven

Raven Member

He's a shill for Wall Street, but he's not dumb enough to attach his career to Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, and the rest of the no government extremist who have hijacked the GOP.

What's hilarious is that Paul and Cruz knew they had no chance, but went ahead and further damaged the GOP brand simply because they saw an opportunity to seize the limelight and prove to Tea Party fundamentalist that they are just as crazy and evil as Rick Perry, a man who gleefully denied healthcare to millions of poor Texans just to show the radical right that he's mean enough for the job.

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Definitely tension between Senate Republicans and House Republicans.

8. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

Koch has sunk two hundred milion into these "purist", they basically have to crazy themselves out. that cant happen till the quack voters peeter out.

Oliver stone was on real time and mentioned tom delay and gerrymandering

9. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

I love the anchor's "we'll see" and exasperated sigh at the end. Fair and balanced, my ass.

10. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

This. McCain has always been pretty good at seeing what way the wind is blowing. No more acting like a crazy Tea party nut job. He isn't trying to win a GOP primary.

11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

all part of the plan.

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

GOP needs someone to help pull them out of the deep ditch the Teabaggers drove them into. Even Boner is hoping for help.

13. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

The *sigh* from the anchorwoman at the end there was hilarious. "This is the last time we bring in this old geezer" :grin:

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Poor Blondie Goodtits. "I'm sorry, Mr. Ailes, I tried to get him to stick to the script, he just wouldn't."

"It's okay, Blondie.....next time I'll find someone who can."

15. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

The look on her face was priceless. Like she just smelled spoiled milk.

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I'm sure McCain was also a bit motivated by this hates toward Ted Cruz and the other "wacko birds"

17. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I love watching conservatives eat their own.

keep it classy texas!

Gohmert Describes McCain As Supporter Of Al Qaeda

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) described Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) as a guy that supported al Qaeda.

"I heard just before I came, some senator from Arizona, a guy that liked Gaddafi before he wanted to bomb him," Gohmert said. "A guy that's been to Syria and supported al Qaeda and the rebels. But he was saying today the shutdown has been a fools' errand. And I agree with him, the president and Harry Reid should not have shut this government down."

18. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

ted cruz wants a tv show.

19. Raven

Raven Member

Because Fox news wants their low info viewers to believe that Obamacare is teetering on the edge. This keeps their viewers excited and tuned it. Fox feeds a daily dose of high octane misinformation to their audience and they become addicted to it. Then Fox becomes their dealer, a dealer of misinformation wrapped in outrage.

And it shouldn't be protected by the 1st, and I don't think it will be for much longer.

20. Raven

Raven Member

McCain cares about power and prestige. He's a Republican because that's what an Arizona politician had to be in the age of Reagan, but he despises anything that rocks the boat. At his age, all he wants is a comfortable ride into senility, not political brinkmanship. It's too tiring and disruptive.