1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Granato leaving?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by conquistador#11, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

dude, 87° is HILARIOUS! that killed me.

87°...you kill me.

2. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

When they yuck it up in the morning I feel like throwing up. They are just laughing to be laughing. They think they are part of the 93Q Zoo or something.

3. caphorns

caphorns Member

87 degrees . . . L-M-A-O . . . you owe me a keyboard dude

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

People, there is hope. Once Granato leaves AM610, they may give Lance a better partner. Maybe his is a nice fellow in the office and in person, but Granato's radio persona just doesn't do a thing for me. Good luck wherever he goes, but this chance to upgrade the morning show great. Davies and Dukes are unlistenable and Colin "Full of Myself" Cowpatch is hard to take sometimes.

5. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

i smell rich lord moving to the morning show and matt and adam in the drive-time playas spot

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I sure hope so. Rich and Lance are both dill holes so they are made for each other. Matt and Adam deserve Afternoon slot so they are not taken off the air for a freaking comets game :mad:

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

NOOOOOOOOO.

If they move Matt and Adam to the afternoon spot I'll have a major dilema on my hands as I try to decide between Matt and Adam or Charlie.

8. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

And where does Vandermeer go then if Rich moves to the morning?

I do think Matt & Adam would rock in the afternoon - extend them to 7 pm. Palillo is a smart guy, but again, can't carry a show by his lonesome. His takes are well thought out, but he's not exactly the most entertaining guy to listen to when you're stuck in traffic.

What to do with the night shift then?

Ratings are lowest for that shift right? Maybe that's where you could take a risk and have a couple of shows or infuse new blood/personalities into 610.

Something in the format of Vandermeer & AB's old show from 7-9 (broad topic but generally sports based), and then a rotating single sport-focused show from 9-10? Put AB & Jeremy Foster together for that one.

I don't know about ya'll abut I think it would be cool to have maybe an hourlong show that concentrates on one theme each night - recapping events of the week & general call-in talk about that sport. Example: Richard Justice Monday nights - baseball/Astros, The General Tuesday nights - football/Texans, Feigen Wednesdays - basketball/Rockets, Matt Jackson Thursday night - Boxing/MMA, ummmmm Glenn Davis Friday night - soccer/Dynamo. Offered the names up as examples - though Justice is such a polarizing figure that he could probably have his own show and people would line up to talk trash to him for hours every day. He's like a homeless man's version of Skip Bayless.

I realize these guys mix it up and talk about this stuff during other shows regularly/on occasion, but a dedicated block once a week to focus on a sport and would be cool as hell. The way things are now, and especially given that there are about 47 minutes of commercials & traffic updates per hour on 610, maybe a few callers get in, and the talk never sticks to the one sport.

Anyway, just a suggestion.

9. Bandwagoner

Vander can go back to the mid mornings and the NS can be the weekend guys.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

just move gilbert to the mornings, anyways :D

11. Rocket G

Rocket G Contributing Member

I'll be honest - I've never listened to the weekend guys. What's the collective thought on them?

12. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I think SR610 needs to diversify and put a Black dude on one of their shows before the NAACP decides to sue their arses.

Hey...what about Another Brother? ;)

13. Bandwagoner

I don;t see why they don't just promote the guys already in line.

14. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

He gets too flustered and his sports knowledge would probably last 2 segments. :(

15. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

I give you three, Otro Hermano.

;)

#115 Chance, Apr 26, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  16. DreamRoxCoogFan

I was wondering what john was talking about this morning... he seemed pretty bummed and kept mentioning lawsuits or something.
    EVERYTHING about 790's morning show is horrible. not only is the talk horrible and often off topic, even technical things go wrong all the FREAKING time. its very annoying.
    610 has a great morning show with john and lance, i enjoy it very much. and pallilo on 790 is awesome too, i didnt really start listening to him until not too long ago. i HATE the guys on the afternoon on 610. rich lord is just a big jerk, i hate him! i mean sure, everyone in a while its great and funny, but i personally do not wanna get aggrevated even more than I am already from traffic on the way home. matt and adam are great for covering the rox, i love them too.
    however, john is great man, he does an excellent job, hes a really nice guy too. I hope everything works out for him. Lance needs to go with john, they have great chemistry- that v-span 'phone call' was one of the most hilarious things ive ever heard on the raido. I even have it on my comp. best of luck john.

17. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

How Rich Lord still has a job in sports radio is beyond me. I'd be done with the morning show for good if this happened. I guess I'm one of the few who actually enjoys Granato and his dry humor. :confused: Dude cracks me up.

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Nope. It's no secret that I don't enjoy Lance at all, but I love John.

19. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Bingo! John Granato's leaving to go throw some D's on that bit**!!!

20. conquistador#11

with all the man love that goes around these days,I decided to make a tribute to Juan granado.Here is a preview......
    ahh and I didn't know Trader Jorge listened to anything else besides Michael savage and Sean Hannity :p

(preview)
    <embed src="http://odeo.com/flash/audio_player_black.swf" quality="high" width="322" height="54" name="odeo_player_black" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="type=audio&id=11246393" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></embed><br /><a style="font-size: 9px; padding-left: 110px; color: #f39; letter-spacing: -1px; text-decoration: none" href="http://odeo.com/audio/11246393/view">powered by <strong>ODEO</strong></a>

http://odeo.com/show/11246393/1100316/download/PreviewOfJuanGranadosTributo