1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Game 3 between Luka and the Mavs and Shai and the Thunder. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Joey Crawford/Conflict of Interest

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Codman, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I remember Joey Crawford being suspended a few years ago after having that personal vendetta game against Timmy. As I'm watching the game and noticing Duncan complaining about calls, it occurs to me again that it seems incredibly unfair for Joey to even ref in a game that Tim Duncan plays in. Tim should know that he doesn't have a chance if Joey is reffing or focusing in on him in the post, right?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought Joey was suspended because of his actions related to ejecting Timmy for, basically, nothing. Well, I guess laughing and stomping your feet while on the bench is illegal....:confused:

How is this fair? How can anyone know if Joey still holds ill will towards TD and that his officiating is completely biased because of the past?

I haven't understood some of this issue over the last couple of years. To me, Joey shouldn't be allowed to ref in a game that Timmy is playing in. Ever. He severely messed up.

I think it destroys the trust in the game and officials, who are already scrutinized for their "superstar calls" or having hidden agendas.

Would anyone mind shedding some light on this for me? I couldn't find much of a statement from Dictator Stern about the incident and how it would impact the Spurs, or Duncan, in the future. What gives?

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Joey is just bad lol.

I don't understand how the NBA lets him reff

3. likestohypeguy

Don't take the legitimacy of the nba so seriously. It doesn't really matter if he's in there or not. It's just for fun more than anything, the kids, pageantry, poster face shots, showmanship etc.

Relax, & don't look too hard behind the curtains.

4. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Joey crawford shouldn't be allowed to ref any game that any player is in lol

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

heat jerseys make $$$$$$$$$

6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

How can NBA call itself legit with this guy out there?

What do we as fans owe this guy that he continues to work games? Does he have some kind of info on stern or will he go postal if we don't let him ref every important game?

This is almost as disturbing as seeing mcgwire belt homer after homer knowing he was roided out of his mind.

1 person likes this.
  7. Steve_Francis_rules

The officiating was not an issue tonight at all, IMO, but I agree completely with this. Crawford should never have been allowed back in the league after the Duncan incident.

8. conquistador#11

crawford also knows where those bodies by the commissar are burried.

9. Mr. Space City

truth.

10. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

i have come to the conclusion that Joey Crawford has some dirt on the NBA, he seems like the type that would rat on the league if he got fired. His ego is that big

11. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

ESPN hired Steve Javie, i guess to try and trick the youngsters who watch the league into thinking that the league isnt rigged. The NBA has the youngest demo of all the sports in the league, so they cater to kids

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He's a tolerable ref, but the finals should be a privilege. He has not earned the privilege.

1 person likes this.
  13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

This has to be it since I do not understand how such a unprofessional and erratic official gets to call so many big games. He had to see a sports psychologist for his bipolar disorder for god's sake.

15. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Could you imagine having sex with him?

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

17. Mr. Space City

[​IMG]

18. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Yeah it is a conflict of interest any time this clown refs a game, but I would say tonight the calls were pretty good. The one bad one I remember is when Crawford called a foul on a perfectly legal screen by LeBron. That one was a bad bad call.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

this.... power players need people to do their dirty work and that my friends is what Joey does. He's the leagues fixer.

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

Definitely Joey has some dirt on them for sure.