1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joe Smith possibly a Mav

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Dr of Dunk, Sep 24, 2000.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

From The Boston Globe and an article by Peter May via SportsTalk.com:

"The NBA actually approved Joe Smith's one-year contract with the Timberwolves, but did so knowing that the deal will get voided in arbitration. The league did the same thing with Dudley's wink-wink deal with Portland a few years back, but lost that one in arbitration. That won't happen this time. Smith, meanwhile, is said to be all but signed, sealed, and delivered to Dallas once the arbitration decision makes him a free agent ..."

--------------------

Mr. Cuban is doing well if this goes down. I wonder what's going through Jerry Krause's mind right now? [insert punchline here]

------------------
    I got nothin'.

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

A collection of great roll players does not Dallas a big time threat. I mean who the hell is afraid of Laetner, Joe, Bradley, and that one other injured guy (what the hell is name [​IMG] ). Their only superstar is Finley and even he aint all that. Courtney and Dirk will be stars, but never superstars. I dont know what the hell is Cuban trying to do. Owners should keep their ass out of team affairs (cough cough daniel snyder is F#ck head cough cough). Well unless u have Don Nelson as the head coach, in that case he needs all the help he can get [​IMG]

------------------
    Fun Police Says:

1. Stupid threads & Stupid BBS names are not FUN!
    2. Spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure are not FUN!
    3. Conduct yourself in a FUN way!

The Fun Police are Watching.
    Vote for the Rockets & Have FUN!

REDSKINS SUCK!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by R0ckets03 (edited September 24, 2000).]

3. Oatdog

Oatdog Member

That's a real stupid move. He'll have to fight for minutes on a team that's still not an assured playoff team. He should go to the Lakers. The Mavs are really trying to position themselves as the next Blazers. They're fast becoming my least favorite team.

------------------

4. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

5. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Maybe KG can sing Rudy's praises to Joe Smith and convince him to play for the Rockets instead of Dallas. What a million dollars to these guys? We could always promise him a big payoff later. [​IMG]

I'm not sure KG would want Smith to help out either Dallas or Houston though. I wouldn't.

------------------
    "There's 1,000 different things we're looking at, but there's not a lot of things there." -- Rudy T., apparently after taking a hit of acid.