1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Joe Mixon video

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Houstunna, Dec 22, 2016.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You can spin your sympathy yarn all you want, but you'll never make a blanket that the majority of the civilized world is interested in when your primary thread is "men get a raw deal when they punch a woman and break her face in retaliation for a slap."

2. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

If he hadn't stopped her she would have eventually killed someone. At least that's what I'm told. Use of force applies in this case because Mixon had no idea as to how this act would escalate. All he wanted to do was get home to his family.

Nook likes this.
  3. justtxyank

Funnily enough I almost brought this same comparison up from the other side.

I sure hope nobody who thinks a man should be able to smash a woman in the face for a slap has a problem with cops shooting unarmed people because they feared for their life.

Another Brother likes this.
  4. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Did he punch her or grab and trust her head away causing her to fall and hit her head? I'm not saying it makes it better at all. It's a little different though than straight up punching someone. It's still very awful and he should have been kicked off campus especially since he just got to UT. He had no past at the school of being a good kid to fall back on.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Complete bullshit.
    He tries to press charges everyone would be saying he was a big p***y

NO WAY IN HELL Charges would have stuck to her if he pressed them . . .video or not
    Acting like it would have is complete bullshit
    It sounds right but knowing that they would not stick . . .means you can say it but know it is meaningless
    and still feel like you suggested the right thing

Rocket River

6. justtxyank

I hate to wreck your victim hood, but women have in fact successfully been prosecuted in this country for assault.

But to be clear I don't think he should have pressed charges. She slapped him. Should just walk away from that.

Nook likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

A straight dude just walks away if a woman pushes or grabs. Instead this fool falls for the bait and over reacts and breaks a woman's face... then he doubled down on being a pu$$y by complaining that the woman hit like a man.

Emasculated chump was stopped by a frail male and a woman half his size.

No respect for him as a man.

Dairy Ashford and justtxyank like this.
  8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

That was awful to watch. That weird flexing he does to scare her when she first pushes him, then walking away like a coward afterwards.

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

This. You'll get "the typical sympathizers" (the race hustlers whose can find a way to rationalize anything...), but other than that, the rest of us know that what you wrote is correct.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Doesn't take a freak accident. Here's one from GA just recently...

Man dies after being sucker punched

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

It does take a freak accident or severe underlying medical condition. This was one of those. It having happened doesn't mean that is untrue, as it was one or the other, and possibly both.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm torn on this.

On one hand, when you are that much stronger than other people, you have a lot more responsibility to control yourself. As others have said, he literally could have killed her with that punch....it's not the same as what she did.

Now that said, she did assault him, and if she had to face charges over that, I'd be all for it. I think she learned her lesson though. You just can't go around assaulting people or bad things will happen to you even if you are a woman. At least she's still alive, some people get shot when they assault the wrong person.

13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I think he should've walked away AND pressed charges. She will continue to assault folks if there are no consequences.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Like getting her face broken? Obviously, there was at least one consequence.

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

People do need to know there are consequences to their actions. Women in particular cannot assault a man because of the myth that a woman can't harm a man.

However, Mixon's punch was excessive to the amount of force that she used. I'd say push her away or an open hand slap is an appropriate defense. I'd top it off with pressing charges because I'm vindictive like that.

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The rest of the Big 12 schools should take serious offense to the fact that he was surprised and taken aback by her to the point that he mentioned her hitting "like a man" TWICE. If he feels like THAT was a hard hit, then what's he been facing on Saturdays??

Kim likes this.
  17. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

meh johnny manziel beat his gf and nobody cared, its a select few the media gets outraged for. Too bad they will never emasculate me, you hit me and you are a female i will warn you not to do it again. You hit me again, dont be suprised if its a right hook to the jaw followed by a left to the body

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Nothing wrong with both statements being true:
    1. Nixon should have walked away. A real man who was mature would have not hit her.
    2. Girl was bat **** stupid crazy and 100% wrong for calling Mixon over and assaulting him.

From watching the video she appears to be one of those girls who was raised to believe she could do what ever she wants and get away with it because she is daddy's little blonde haired princess. Nothing Elise explains why a girl would attack a man that is in the process of walking away.

juicystream likes this.
  19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Both should be charged correspondingly. Their charges and verdicts should determine if they are expelled. Mixon can/did incur additional punishment since he belongs to another organization. Any organization she belongs to has the same liberty to do as it sees fit with her membership and status.

juicystream likes this.
  20. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

Yeah, that may not have worked out so well either :D