1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joakim Noah suspended 20 games for violating drug policy

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RV6, Mar 25, 2017.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

What over the counter pill?

What kind of effects does it have?

Where can I find the plug?

Pen15clubber and J.R. like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Source: Knicks' Joakim Noah to have rotator cuff surgery

New York Knicks center Joakim Noah is expected to have surgery to repair a rotator cuff injury and will need several months of rehab, ESPN's Ian Begley confirmed.

The Vertical first reported the news.

Noah is currently serving a 20-game suspension for violating the league's anti-drug policy.

He has not played since Feb. 4.

Noah had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee on Feb. 27 to remove loose fragments of cartilage or bone.​

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wait: according to bball reference he's already gotten credit for 5 games suspended, but he's inactive from the February scope???

Isn't the rule that suspensions don't include games that you are not available to play in? He's been on the inactive list since Feb 4th. I thought this was going to kick in next year. Regardless of the next surgery, whether he's ready to play Game 1 or not, he's inactive right now....not understanding why he received credit for these last 5-6 games when he was inactive.

oh well, like I care about the Knicks. But mildly interested in the rule in general.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I read that Noah was going to serve 10 games this season and 10 games next season. So, I guess he was back then got hurt again.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Are the Knicks saying he magically went from the Inactive List to Active List the moment the suspension came down.

Check out his status here.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/noahjo01/gamelog/2017/

And this is official "Game Book" inactive status the last game before suspension came down
    http://www.nba.com/data/html/nbacom/2016/gameinfo/20170325/0021601085_Book.pdf

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I guess If the trainers say you can play, you can play. The question is: How injured was Noah before the suspension? Was he out because Knicks are trash and there is no reason to play marginally hurt with all that money invested in a 30+ yr old?

7. Raz

Raz Member

Wouldn't mind if Daryl took a look at Kuzminskas.

omgTHEpotential likes this.
  8. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

9. omgTHEpotential

Not a good defender, but is great at moving without the ball and cutting to the basket. Can shoot a little bit and runs well in transition.

Raz likes this.
  10. Raz

Raz Member

Thx, that's about what I had in mind. We have Ariza, Mbah a Moute and Tucker, maybe Paul for wing defense, so no need to add another defender. Another offensive weapon could help though.