1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joakim Noah has been recruiting Carmelo Anthony

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, May 3, 2014.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/2720...-recruiting-carmelo-anthony.html#.U2UXm1fxxWA

2. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Strange idea, but Carlos Boozer to Rockets would give us a decent PF (with absolutely no defence though) who has the midrange game, and his contract expires at the same time as Lin+Asik. Come to think of it, the contracts add up to the same. Giving up Asik for Boozer would be tough though.

3. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Why would he play with D Rose with all those question marks surrounding him?

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

An overrated Noah, a has been Rose and whoever is the Bulls GM show up to recruit Carmelo.

Dwight Howard, James Harden and Morey show up to recruit Carmelo.

Tough decision. :rolleyes:

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Melo ain't leaving the Knicks. More money and it's where he wants to be. He talks about winning but I believe New York and money are higher priorities on his list.

If the Heat don't win the championship this year, who knows, Melo might go to Miami.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That would be surprising.

He said he already looked at how Dwight did things and people said the same thing about Dwight.

I maintain that if a player isn't happy he's going to leave. That big city and big money means nothing at all if you ain't winning nothing there.

In the end with Chicago and Houston as options it's only logical and common sense to leave New York. If he stays then he's a loser.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

According to Joe Cowley of The Chiago Sun-Times, Noah is in favor of the Bulls signing Melo but doesn’t want to sacrifice forward Taj Gibson in the process.

It’s hard to imagine a scenario in which the Bulls get Melo and keep Taj Gibson but it’s possible. The Bulls would need to gut everyone else and possibly even ask Nikola Mirotic to stay overseas for another season but having a starting lineup of Derrick Rose, Jimmy Butler, Carmelo Anthony, Taj Gibson and Joakim Noah may be worth all the sacrifices it would require.

http://fansided.com/2014/05/03/joakim-noah-wants-bulls-sign-carmelo-anthony-taj-gibson-stays/#!HO8zy

8. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Anthony would fit the Bulls a lot better than he would the Rockets. They need an elite scoring forward. I don't see how there would be enough basketballs if you place him next to Harden and Howard.

Bulls are in pretty good condition. There's no one out of their FAs that you'd cry over waiving rights to. Amnesty Boozer's $16.8M is a no brainer. Find a taker for Dunleavy at 1 yr and $3M and they've got plenty of room.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Call me crazy but I think Dwight is more mature than Melo. He also hated being in LA. Also, IMO, Melo is more attached to New York than people realize. He can also use the excuse "I believed Phil" about turning the Knicks around.

He ain't leaving the Knicks.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Hmmm it's possible. Dwight may seem like a big kid but I don't think there is any doubt that the man is about winning. I think he was the best player in that series (most consistent) I mean you can argue Lilliard too, but that's another thread.

If Melo stays with New York than Houston or Chicago would be better off without him then. I know he loves that area but that FO is a mess. A complete mess. All they've done over the years is screw up and I wouldn't expect anything different with Dolan as the owner.

Guess we'll find out what's important to Melo this offseason.