1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JJ Hickson to the Wizards.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Snow Villiers, Feb 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

2. malakas

malakas Member

so desperate. Great. Maybe next season when Durant says no to their face they will go after Monroe.

3. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

What are Hickson's numbers looking like these days? I remember when he was a viable threat at the 4 spot

4. malakas

malakas Member

He is still a horrible defender so much that Malone stopped playing him completely.

5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Mad disappointed.

He was ours back when we traded for The Golden Penny (Jordan Hamilton). But, just like Rockets fans' luck, he destroyed his ACL.

I had many opportunities to watch him when I was a constant at the Pepsi Center in Denver. He lacks in the finesse department, but he is explosive and tough. He started developing a decent post game, along with a mid range jumper, too.

When I heard about our feelers today, I doubted the possibility because we don't have room, but I thought about the DogHouse as a means to open up space.

Still, I'd rather have LowKey over JJ at this point.

Unless DMo heals before I lose another 20 pounds, we have one of the worst PF combinations in the league.

The only 2 PFs that I would put on the floor during this final stretch is Smoov and TJ. There's no room for error. The rest of our PFs aren't ready for this game yet (Yes, I've seen awesome flashes from DMo, but the reality is that he has been plagued by injuries and an uncertain future.

If Morey was willing to let such a "talent" go, my theory about his injury seems to be plausible. Some people heal more slowly than others, especially when one's frame is massive. The poor guy may have a career riddled by injuries and setbacks. Anyone who has had back issues knows how long the healing takes and how FRUSTRATING the spasms and regressions are. (Personal experience with cracked verts)

So, we are stuck with:

Capela, who is too soft, raw and offensively deficient (Yes, I know he's young and there is some potential. Personally, I'm not sold on him, and I'd take Danny Fortson over him right now lol! :)

Montrezl is still a rook, cannot shoot beyond 6 feet, but to his defense, he HUSTLES. DMo is DMo. No one knows what he's going to turn out to be. The injuries have probably hurt his development, and for the sake of our record, it's ridiculous to put a time frame on his return to decency.That, and his ego is probably hurt, even if he says he understands the nature of the business. He is a young guy that Morey pushed for. The doubt began to set in, or the draft pick felt that much better.

I just find our PF situation to be incredibly sad and poorly planned.

Once he gets in shape, Smoov will come through, and he'll start playing in the post more. TJ is going to give you 12/8. That's about it.

Now, if only Dwight had the power to get his boy BBass out of Hollyweird. Was a buy-out consideration, not so much anymore, but he would be a formidable pick and pop shooter.

It must just be a down day for me, or Rockets fans.

I have Luis Scola nostalgia with a touch of Mo Taylor isolations on the block. Besides Josh, where have our PFs gone?

TJ....it's time to earn that paycheck.

6. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Cool past PF references! Danny Fortson was so relentless and FEROCIOUS!!!! Man, he would just go through people!!! Mo Taylor - so much offensive talent. So much. I think ppl forget.

1 person likes this.
  7. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Right?!

Danny Fortson would kill someone just to get a rebound, and he wasn't afraid of anyone, even as a rookie in Denver. He was undersized but built to destroy.

Personally, I LOVED watching MoTay operate when Rudy T brought the whole Iso-Game to the forefront. I used to just stop everything to see Mo get the ball at the elbow, give a couple of jabs, start his dribble (between the legs) and knock down a beautiful jumper. The defense had to stay put because they knew Mo could knock down any jumper, or if he wanted to, kick it out to Cuttino, Stevie, Mooch or throw it up for StoneHands Kelvin Cato lol.

Mo's post up game, mainly his spin move, was severely underrated. Once he turned his shoulder, it was over. It's a shame that he didn't stay in shape.

He could have been a really, really good forward for the Rockets. Okafor of Philly reminds me of him a bit...just a beast in the post who can score at will with his back to the basket.

Ugh...OakDogg, can't we just trade Clint, Montrezl, TJ, and DMo for Rasheed or Antonio McDyess in their primes? Put either on this team and we'd be amazing. :(:(:(

8. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Wow, you're naming all of my favorite PF's! I remember praying we could draft Stromile Swift cuz I thought he was a fusion of Rasheed Wallace and McDyess. Didn't quite work out that way..... Haha!

Yeah, I even remember Mo being pretty effective off the bench with his post game after his injury. I believe Mo came in with Glen Rice, and it wasn't too bad for two guys way past their primes. Haha!

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

They're one peace away from being a contender. If they can sign LerBon or Curry, that would make them at least a Conference Finals contender.