1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Jimmy Butler requested a trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bratna8, Sep 19, 2018.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

4. opticon

opticon Member

Adam Silver must make sure this trade does not happen. The wolves are must see TV.

Lol Deng is all ready leaking stuff to the media

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

Seems really unprofessional. Show up, do your job, don't Be a dick.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Kobe did this **** all the time and got praised for it.

amaru, charlieaustin, jcmoon and 3 others like this.
  8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Lol, that would be incredible. I'd buy league pass just to watch the timberwolves.

da_juice likes this.
  9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Thibs is going to end this dude's career, he's done it before (see D Rose, Noah, etc). He's killing himself while these other kids collect paychecks. You clearly don't get what's going on.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

On the T-Wolves, Jimmy Butler is like a bull in a room full of cows. He's the rooster in a hen house.

11. BackdoorHarden

I would say Wiggin is unprofessional. Making all that money, all that talent, and no hustle. Just collecting a paycheck while a less talented Jimmy B is doing all the hard work

RudyTBag likes this.
  12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, especially when he was playing with Jeremy Lin, Nick Young and Jordan Hill.

I don't blame him one bit. Charmin...

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

It makes national headlines then they fly out Rachel Nichols to Minnesota for a 1 on 1 Dr.Phil interview all within an hour of happening.

14. Newlin

Newlin Member

I get what's going on. Look, Jimmy himself said what happened at practice yesterday was wrong. He said his emotions came out, and it wasn't the right way to do it.

I'm afraid his unprofessional behavior at practice may actually hurt his chances to get traded because other teams may be scared to give up too much for a loose cannon.

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Not only that, but a team that's winning, or has a vocal leader already, or has a good coach might be afraid the guy is going to just butt heads with one of them. Look, this is how he's treating a friend, a friend. Jimmy Butler is talented, there is no doubt, but injuries and attitude make him such a risky endeavor especially for a one year rental.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The way it was covered... he (his people) obviously notified ESPN beforehand that he was heading to practice to cause a scene. Clearly this whole thing was orchestrated.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  17. jb86

jb86 Member

I would make the trade if I was the rockets. Because Jimmy wouldn't wild out on the team here. Also, if we do it now, that would give the team some time to gel for the playoffs. If we trade Gordon and PJ for Jimmy, I'm sure Morey can find quality players to make the bench good.

18. omgTHEpotential

After a Wednesday practice session that figures to go down as one of the notorious NBA scrimmages of the decade, the Timberwolves have cancelled their Thursday practice, according to Jon Krawczynski of The Athletic (Twitter link).

[​IMG]

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance