1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jimmy Butler fed up!?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James&PaulAttornysAtBall, Jul 3, 2018.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I say no.

Blackjack84, D-rock and htxaf like this.
  2. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I don’t know....people that live way up north on the outskirts tend to create their own identity. For example I live in the Dallas area and for some strange reason no one ever calls themselves houstonians. They just look at me weird.

Bobsputin likes this.
  3. j@amc

j@amc Member

I grew up not far from Tomball.. :) Hear the qualifier? I do the “I grew up near Houston thing,” as it gives people a landmark. But I remember that “I’m not from Houston but near Houston distinctiveness” at least from my childhood. But as everything has filled in so much more, even on the northwest side of Houston, maybe it’s not relevant.

I think people from a little further out than Spring and the Woodlands (like Tomball and beyond. My apologies for mentioning those cities but they were on that map) would maintain a little more independence or feel the need to drop in qualifiers because we’re not in the loop, or off 290, 1960, or off I-45.

Love the Rockets, but from near Houston.

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think Jimmy Butler is a good player . I don't know if I want him . I think that if we get him , it should be as our 4th best play ( we hope Clint is better ) . Because I don't think Jimmy is gonna age particularly well .

In baseball you have a fear of trading for pitchers who are overworked because they develop injury problems . Tom thibodeau is the basketball equivalent of Dusty Baker . This guy runs his players into the ground every year .

Butler is almost 29. I would be scared to spend big money on him .

Granted , Harden and Paul might elevate him to a truly exceptional player.

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

its good deal no?

6. fattz

fattz Member

It really depends on the person your talking with (small talk that not going anywhere). I can answer nicely with one word “Houston”. Truth known I wouldn’t / don’t claim ALL of Conroe so ones audience matters.

Rockets fandom represent more than just the inner 610 loop, beltway 8 or even the 99.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I would do the same if I lived out of state. But since I'm in the Houston area, it's different.

TLDR: Run the offense through on Onuaku

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

I would like Butler, but the only team that can afford him is GS, they can have anyone they want at any cost anytime they want. The "are" the NBA. The upcoming season is a COMPLETE waste of time. Simply fast forward to the trophy presentation and save everyone a lot of wasted time and money. It is all a big joke......on the fans.

9. Dandy Chiggins

I think houston fans stretch north all the way to Huntsville. There are many Hardcore Rockets fans, Texans fans before the protesting, and Dynamo fans in the surrounding county's. Die Hard. I was there when we beat my roommates spurs in the last minute at Tejas Cafe, and there for McGrady dunk on Bradley. Rocket fan for life. Were is the modern day Chilly peat or Mo Taylor. PEACE OUT.

10. fattz

fattz Member

I miss Tejas and their 1/2 price appetizers... You are so right the Rockets represents so much more then just the Houston city limits. I was in Cancun when we won our first championship was telling anyone that would lesson that I was from Houston.

Dandy Chiggins likes this.
  11. Dandy Chiggins

Sam Houston or Better known as Huntvegas for the people who went to school there. Rockets 4 Life....

fattz likes this.
  12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Bring Jimmy Home!

D-rock likes this.
  13. CCorn

CCorn Member

To Tomball?

D-rock likes this.
  14. rockets13champs

Recently in some articles he did say he grew up watching rockets and being a tmac fan

D-rock and htxaf like this.
  15. OremLK

OremLK Member

I lived in Tomball for awhile. It still has some of that small town feel, but a lot of that is because it has a real "old town", so unlike most Houston suburbs, it feels like a real place and not just mindless sprawl.

In reality though, the sprawl has come out to meet it, and it's just as much of a suburb of Houston now as The Woodlands or Katy.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Tejas Tea and 3 alarm chicken fried steak!!

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Not good enough for me.

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

Goodson’s was great last time I was there

OremLK and Rox>Mavs like this.
  19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

its good deal

20. Possum

Possum Member

You need to be slapped, in the face, with a chair! Maybe the dumbest trade proposal of all time.