1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jimmer Fredette anyone?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by DarkHorse, Jan 26, 2011.

1. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Woj wrote an article about him, and his pro prospects:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-fredettenba012811

2. eman

eman Contributing Member

To be fair, I think (might be thinking of someone else--- it was a long time ago) drugs might have shortened Bo Peep's basketball career. And I don't think the NBA had a three-point line back then. So if Fredette keeps his nose clean, and keeps working on his game, he might be able to carve out an NBA career. As an overly enthusiastic TV color guy gushed, "Guys who shoot like that play until they're forty." We'll see...

3. Zfan

Zfan Member

When was a pure long range shooter having a successful nba career? This league is so demanding that Steve Kerr was a deadly sniper with above average ball handling skill but only a role player for life.

4. eman

eman Contributing Member

I think a Steve Kerr-type career would be what Fredette's shooting for.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is way too good at creating his own shot to be compared to Steve Kerr.

He can average huge numbers If he is in the right system. (Adelman *cough)

#65 RudyTBag, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  6. TimBly15

TimBly15 Member

a lot of fun to watch. cant wait for march

7. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Anyone think he can fill a Mike Bibby role on the rockets?

8. AkeemOlaDROwon

I agree we shouldn't compare him to just white players because he is white, i think his game looks like Deron Williams when Deron Williams was at Illinois and Dee Brown was the point.

9. Danish428

Danish428 Member

are you serious??? jimmer would take ish to school so bad, jimmer is already NBA developed he can come in and make a big BIG difference

10. verse

verse Contributing Member

Jimmer intrigues me for a few reasons. I've been watching him since last season, and he has on one hand an undeniable ability to create within space from extra long distance. On the other hand, I am not impressed with his desire to push that to the next, natural level and create within space from extra long distance...so that he can get to the cup. He is shaking guys to shoot 26 foot layups. Incredible, and damning, at the same time.

In the NBA, I think he will find that pro offenses are not designed that way, at least not the winning ones. I think he will find that NBA defenders will jump his hand and force him to create within the 3 point line. And I think he will be exposed as not having elite court vision. So his point guard prospects are shaky, as a starter. Bench? Eddie House 2.0

That's no slap in the face, as House is and can always be, a championship piece. Guys with spectacular range and infinitesimal conscious are very valuable when used correctly. I'd be terrified for Miami, LA, SA, or Boston or Chicago to get him. He's a piece to finish a championship puzzle. The enormous chip on his shoulder won't go away just because he made the NBA. He approaches the game with much, much more to prove and a swagger to accomplish it. He won't be Nash, but he sure won't be Jamerson.

#70 verse, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  11. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Just to show how much range Jimmer has. He's playing on Utah's court with the NBA three point line..

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8c2vIqzbfBA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He needs to improve his drilling, but he is pretty strong so he should be able to bully a lot of point guards.

13. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I just don't see NBA coaches putting up with a guy shooting 5 feet behind the 3pt line. I can't think of a single person that does that.

14. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Lol...if he's hitting the shots, why wouldn't they.

15. batkins

I'm sure they'll be plenty of shots where the coach is like "Noooo" but then like, "good shot Jimmer"

Like this one.. please take note of the shot clock.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9qsPLN6pTPA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

You think JVG would stand for that? If he makes it, great. If he doesn't, he's getting an ear full from the coach and probably taken out of the game. He doesn't have to worry about that at BYU being the best player.. he does whatever he wants.

17. josh123

josh123 Member

18. batkins

Haha, I'm sure he'll probably have to cut back on some of his more crazy shots, but if he takes one every once in awhile I don't see it being a problem. Especially if he makes it, which he has been doing this far in his career.

19. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Another huge nationally televised game underway.

Winner of this game could potentially get a one seed.

20. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Wow. He did it again. Love this guy so much.